Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Mar 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #5,882 of 9,207
I took delivery of my new LCD-2's over a week ago but had no amp to use them as I had sold my old amp in prep of the new headphones.Been a long wait.Finally my v200 arrived yesterday,plugged in my LCD's and was very underwhelmed with what I herd.I did'nt panic as I know the the burn in process was going to help(better for $2g).After 12 hours things do sound much better,bass is tighter,less grainy.Going to let it continue playing for 100 hours before I make any conclusions,but if it keeps improving from the 12 hour mark I think I will be a happy boy.:)

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #5,884 of 9,207
Quote:
Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestion for a DAC? I was looking at the BITFROST, and I've been seeing some good review about this DAC paired with LCDs.

the Bifrost is a pretty good dac for the money, should be an improvement over the one inside the pan am (most amp/dac combos don't have a very good dac, they only add it for convenience). umm if you really wanted a huge jump up in improvement, you should look into a higher end dac though the bifrost is very good already. Either way,  you should be ok for now with the pan am and the internal dac, its a cute little setup and works great with the LCD-2.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #5,885 of 9,207
I am planing on upgrading later this year, and hopefully the budget will increase as well
rolleyes.gif
But so far I am really pleased with the sound of my setup! Does anyone have tried toxic cable with LCD2?

I am listening to the piano concerto 1 of Brahms with my LCD2 right now and the sound-stage is impressive!
beyersmile.png

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #5,886 of 9,207
^ You might want to have a look at this thread regarding cables (and yes the Toxic cables get mentioned quite a bit)...

(I suggest you start from the last post reading backwards on this one though)

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #5,887 of 9,207
Quote:
^ You might want to have a look at this thread regarding cables (and yes the Toxic cables get mentioned quite a bit)...

(I suggest you start from the last post reading backwards on this one though)

That's the exact same thread that made me order the Pure Cryo OCC Stranded Silver cable fron Frank
biggrin.gif
I just wanted to ear your impression if you had the toxic cable with different DAC/Amp setup.

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #5,889 of 9,207
Quote:
Hey guys, I have local store selling a Asgard (1st edition) and Lyr, do you think it is worth the jump in price?
Lyr- SGD 780 (USD 630)
Asgard- SGD 550 (USD 443)

I am not completely sure of the economy in Singapore, but here is the link to the Schiit website with the price for both the Asgard 2 and the Lyr. There are a lot cheaper there, even with a ~$100 (FedEx Express International), new and it is the Asgard 2!

It could be worth it for you to order them directly on there website.

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=16

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #5,890 of 9,207
Mar 30, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #5,891 of 9,207
Now in terms of which one you should buy. Well IMO, it is pretty easy you were considering the Asgard 1 for $443 therefore you could simply buy the Lyr from Schiit directly by adding $6
wink_face.gif

I have never try any of these Amp but I personally prefer to have tubes in my amp in order to roll them and get different impression and sonic preferences.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #5,892 of 9,207
Quote:
Hey guys, I have local store selling a Asgard (1st edition) and Lyr, do you think it is worth the jump in price?
Lyr- SGD 780 (USD 630)

Quote:
I am not completely sure of the economy in Singapore, but here is the link to the Schiit website with the price for both the Asgard 2 and the Lyr. There are a lot cheaper there, even with a ~$100 (FedEx Express International), new and it is the Asgard 2!

It could be worth it for you to order them directly on there website.

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=16

I live in India and have bought the Asgard 1 (two months ago) and the Lyr (now). When you factor in transport costs, the price looks right actually. But do get the Asgard 2...

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #5,893 of 9,207
Quote:
Lyr- SGD 780 (USD 630)

I just realized my Asgard 1 has the USB card in it. Please make sure the one you are looking at is similar. Otherwise, just fyi, the prices at your local store is about USD 100 higher than one that is ordered from the Schiit website and adding in transport costs. However, the X-factor is the customs duty. In India its about 20-25%.If you add that in, then my earlier statement of the prices being right holds. Please check what your customs charge is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back