Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Jul 24, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #243 of 9,207

Quote:
Could you pretty please check out the LCD's with your HeadRoom gear (if your gear list is correct)?

I'll try it with my Micro Stack tomorrow sometime. (or should I say, later today?)

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #244 of 9,207

Quote:

I have no hiss issues with the V200 and the HD800s or the DX1000 and I have heard Santicore's and didn't hear hiss with the LCD2's either.  Who mentioned hiss?

Dallan mentioned that his Zana Deux was quiter. Which to me translated there was some background noise on the V200 in comparison.

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #247 of 9,207

Quote:
Dallan mentioned that his Zana Deux was quiter. Which to me translated there was some background noise on the V200 in comparison.

No, I wouldn't say background noise.  It is just the Zana Deux comes out of such complete blackness that it gives a different impression.  The V200 seems warmer, no hiss or discernible noise just in comparison that is how i would describe the difference.  There seems to be more....separation with the Zana Deux or space between elements.  The V200 just gives a different presentation that ties together well too.  The point is, for the LCD2 the specs show that the V200 should work much better  (also it doesn't cost $2200. and take 4-6 months to get either).  None the less I will be trying the Zana Deux as well as all my amps on the LCD2 so I'll let you know, maybe it will work.  I don't know if 200 or 250 mw will be sufficient to fully drive them though, especially compared to 2700 mw of the V200.

The other thing I am not sure of is, I don't know if the V200 is a class A  type of amp and I find those to be much different and much quieter as far as just distortion levels and presentation over all.  The Zana is Class A, so that may be some of the difference.  Haven't been able to find out if the V200 is an A or A/B.  If anyone knows I would be interested.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #248 of 9,207
Clearly, 250mW cannot "fully" drive the LCD-2, but it may give a listener adequate volume and dynamic range, depending upon the genre and general volume level.  The depths of bass power capability and dynamic range will never be exploited by 250mW.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #249 of 9,207

Quote:
No, I wouldn't say background noise.  It is just the Zana Deux comes out of such complete blackness that it gives a different impression.  The V200 seems warmer, no hiss or discernible noise just in comparison that is how i would describe the difference.  There seems to be more....separation with the Zana Deux or space between elements.  The V200 just gives a different presentation that ties together well too.  The point is, for the LCD2 the specs show that the V200 should work much better  (also it doesn't cost $2200. and take 4-6 months to get either).  None the less I will be trying the Zana Deux as well as all my amps on the LCD2 so I'll let you know, maybe it will work.  I don't know if 200 or 250 mw will be sufficient to fully drive them though, especially compared to 2700 mw of the V200.

The other thing I am not sure of is, I don't know if the V200 is a class A  type of amp and I find those to be much different and much quieter as far as just distortion levels and presentation over all.  The Zana is Class A, so that may be some of the difference.  Haven't been able to find out if the V200 is an A or A/B.  If anyone knows I would be interested.

I do not believe the V200 is a Class A amp.

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #250 of 9,207
Thanks, my listening seems to support that and so i assumed as such.  Kind of wish i had checked that before i got it but on the upside the V200 is outperforming my expectations.

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #251 of 9,207
So there is no hiss when you don´t play no music out of the V200? It´s while playing music you feel the Zana Deux has shorter decays leading to more blackness between notes?

I have my replacement Trafomatic Head one on it´s way. Has a bit better specs regarding current output as in 300 mW than the Zana Deux so happy it seem to perform really well.
How would you go about testing the current output on amps you own btw? Would like to know the specs on my Goldpoint headphone Pro in this department.

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #253 of 9,207

Quote:
So there is no hiss when you don´t play no music out of the V200? .....

I've been enjoying my new V200 since I got a couple days ago.  I can confirm that there is no hiss whatsoever from the relatively sensitive ATH-AD2000 (no music playing, volume cranked to max, balanced input from DA11).  Still on the list for the LCD-2, so nothing to report there.

BK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back