Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Mar 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #5,807 of 9,207
The amp in the compass 2 makes the LCD-2 shine quite a bit. Doesn't bring out any sibilance from the sabre either.

I have used the LCD-2 extensively with the Matrix M-Stage, Concerto, Lyr, and Taboo MK2.  And the Bifrost/NFB-2 dacs.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #5,808 of 9,207
Quote:
The amp in the compass 2 makes the LCD-2 shine quite a bit. Doesn't bring out any sibilance from the sabre either.

I have used the LCD-2 extensively with the Matrix M-Stage, Concerto, Lyr, and Taboo MK2.  And the Bifrost/NFB-2 dacs.

How did you find the LCD2's with the M-stage? 

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #5,809 of 9,207
Would you say the same thing if Googleli shows up and posts pics of his crap?
LOL. Owned.

No I wouldn't. There were subsequent posts flaunting gear in a googleli like manner.

The ownage was inevitable. The dude puffs his chest out and posts a pic of his stack like it's unassailable. Just because someone doesn't have a sig occupying half the page and pics of their gear in every goddam thread doesn't mean they're slumming it.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #5,810 of 9,207
It's a pretty good match.  More attack than the B22 but yet not as aggressive as the MJ or the BHA-1.  Gives the LCD-3 a larger soundstage.  I thought the B22 had a large SS.  The GS-Xs is equal if not larger.  Very Crisp. Very Clean and very good punch with bass weight and extension.  The treble is extended while staying nice and smooth.

With the arrival of the GS-X mk2 - I still say - if the LCD-3 is your only headphone.  The MJ is hard to beat at that price point.  It's not until you get into multiple headphones where the GS-X and the B22 becomes better.  IMO..

That sounds identical to me describing the GS-X mk2 with the HD800.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #5,811 of 9,207

It's a pretty good match.  More attack than the B22 but yet not as aggressive as the MJ or the BHA-1.  Gives the LCD-3 a larger soundstage.  I thought the B22 had a large SS.  The GS-Xs is equal if not larger.  Very Crisp. Very Clean and very good punch with bass weight and extension.  The treble is extended while staying nice and smooth.

With the arrival of the GS-X mk2 - I still say - if the LCD-3 is your only headphone.  The MJ is hard to beat at that price point.  It's not until you get into multiple headphones where the GS-X and the B22 becomes better.  IMO..

That sounds identical to me describing the GS-X mk2 with the HD800.

These two posts make me sad that I don't have a spare 3k laying arround. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #5,813 of 9,207
I wish I had a spare 3k sitting around even after I spent said 3k. :D

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #5,814 of 9,207
Quote:
Would you say the same thing if Googleli shows up and posts pics of his crap?
Quote:

LOL. Owned.

I think the quote then would be Owned by my gear....
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #5,815 of 9,207
Quote:
I wish I had a spare 3k sitting around even after I spent said 3k.
biggrin.gif

haha
yeah me too!

had been listening to vinyl from my rebuilt marantz 2245.  sounds really good.
my upgraded WA6SE goes great with the LCD2 as well.
as does my Kenwood 9050 and yamaha A S500
my WA2 didn't work as well.
really everythign i've tried them on has worked nicely except the WA2
would really like to give the gunjir or Bryston a go
but i just can't justify having another 2k worth of stuff on top of what I already have.
and my true love really lies with speakers.
but to get really high end sound... well a teachers salary doesn't afford that luxury
as it stands now i've got way more in my audio gear than what my car is worth...

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #5,816 of 9,207
Well it IS Head-fi. Lots of newkids with no gear talking big and posting as if they've heard or have gear. I don't know if anyone would really be ignorant enough to think Mjolnir/Gungnir stack would be unassailable; I'd think it was just to test to see if BRAC indeed had gear enough to prove his prior statement regarding his disagreement with OP's thoughts.
Quote:
No I wouldn't. There were subsequent posts flaunting gear in a googleli like manner.

The ownage was inevitable. The dude puffs his chest out and posts a pic of his stack like it's unassailable. Just because someone doesn't have a sig occupying half the page and pics of their gear in every goddam thread doesn't mean they're slumming it.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #5,817 of 9,207
Were going to have to add Googleli to the wiki. It would be a shame if future generations didnt know of his legacy and that his name is a verb now. Lets all get along and not pull a googleli.:p

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,820 of 9,207
Me: Recommend me some amps please, I have a tight budget allowance as I'm still a starving student audiophile. I'm looking for _______ kind of sound and blah blah.

Googleli: Why not just get a Liquid Fire.

Me:

Quote:
someone please referr me to some of his posts, I want to get in on this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back