Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,882 of 3,117
Get this pair of headphone (used) from ebay.
I was quite surprised with the sound quality when first listen to it, I just lovin' it! And I already thinking to get the grado 325i or 225i in the future..

But the stock earpad is just killing me !
Having a spare of Denon D2000 earpad so I moded to use the D2000 earpad on the MS1 and its just lot better comfort than the stock.

Since it has a bright sound signature when I listen to bass-heavy genre I paired it with the Digizoid ZO2.3 to add some bass and subwoofer effect (I set the ZO2 around 4-7 step up from 'neutral') and its just great for my taste.. but for other genre it sounds great straight from the O2 amp. This is just one hell of a can ..

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #2,885 of 3,117
ahhhhhhh sunday morning with ms1's

May 8, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #2,886 of 3,117
Bought a pair of ms1 from the classifieds section and really like them. Compare well to the sr225i i had before. The pads on these are horrible though so im probably gonna buy bowl pads. How does it change the sound?

May 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #2,887 of 3,117
Quote:
Bought a pair of ms1 from the classifieds section and really like them. Compare well to the sr225i i had before. The pads on these are horrible though so im probably gonna buy bowl pads. How does it change the sound?

i love my ms1's, i also have the 225i's
as for the pads, vs bowls , i like both for different reasons, i find the pads more comfortable, but it adds a very slight veil
as one might expect , so i quarter modded them, still comfortable, but clearer
the bowls, i've done the tape mod, which increases the bass, makes the ms1's sound as good as, if not better to me
than the 225 with the stock l-cushes (bowls)
the bowls also help create a little larger soundstage , it just expands
enjoy your new cans !

May 9, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #2,888 of 3,117
Ordered some bowl pads from amazon. Hopefully it'll further improve the sound of these. Enjoying these so far.

May 14, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #2,889 of 3,117
So far I'm liking the bowls on these. Definitely makes them more airy, spacious and less grainy. It can be thin sounding on loud tracks but nonetheless I like them! :)

May 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #2,890 of 3,117
Quote:
So far I'm liking the bowls on these. Definitely makes them more airy, spacious and less grainy. It can be thin sounding on loud tracks but nonetheless I like them!
smily_headphones1.gif

the ms1 , with bowls, has got to be one of the best, if not the best $100 headphones out there, i know its the best i've heard .
for some music, especially lesser recordings its more enjoyable than my sr225i

May 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2,892 of 3,117
Quote:
My L cush pads came in today and went on the MS1i. Listening to the new Daft Punk album is a nice trip. They are a bit uncomfortable however.

I found that it as well. Not horrible though. I find myself going back to the reverse hd414 pads because of the comfort and warmer sound. The bowl pads makes my ms-1 a bit too treble tilted for my liking.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #2,895 of 3,117
Quote:
Just got my first set of Alessandro/Grados ever. MS1. Such a great sound! I paid $80 for like new and I'm considering modding. If I like the stock pads better than HD414, should I quarter mod? 

i quarter modded my comfies, and bought a pair of L-cushes, so i could change whenever i wanted.
so you're in b'ham ?? i'm in decatur ! greetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back