Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #2,851 of 3,117
Too bad my ms1i right channel crackled then became silent.
frown.gif

Best pair I ever had since SR-80i.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #2,854 of 3,117
I got my MS1i last week, and at first listen I was a bit disappointed, I didn't hear THE GUITARS or anything, they sounded a bit tinny really.
I decided to give them a bit of burn-in, so today they passed the 100 hour mark and I took them out and tried them. First my "usual", acoustic rock, vocals, tried a bit of classical. The first two went okay, the last one horrible, but so far nothing spectacular, so I thought it would be time for some metal.
I started playing Blind Guardian's Battlefield, and... Great Clarke! I have my fist in the air, am singing along and crying. Blind Guardian never sounded and felt so good since I saw them live. It's as if I'm back in the crowd, only front row this time.

At first I thought of selling these cans again, but that's no longer an option.

I'm going to have them burn in a little longer, and maybe start on some of the simpler mods now.

EDIT: Nightfaaaaaahaalll *sniff* All hope is gone but I swear revenge!
Sorry, I get a bit emotional sometimes :wink:

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #2,855 of 3,117
/blindguardianbrofist

Nightfall and Imaginations (2007 Remasters) sounded awesome through my MS1is, completely ridiculous through my Magnums.

EDIT: Also, as far as mods go, start with the pads and go from there. Two holes was more than enough, if you're going to vent the driver - four started to really mess with the other frequencies - and I would really just start with one. Avoid the damping mod. It increases the bass impact quite a bit, but really seems to recess the mids.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2,856 of 3,117
I really shy away from doing irreversible mods, even to the original earpads. I'll see that I buy some HD 414 earpads, than some day upgrade to a MS1000. And I'll put a pad on the headband, it's really rather hard.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2,857 of 3,117
I think I'm about sure to order the MS1 direct from Alessandro. But one thing confuses me. What's the difference between "Music Series One w/mini original - $99.00" and "Music Series One w/mini 2009 version - $109.99" other than the price of course. I figure this would be a good place to start asking about them rather than starting a new thread  No need. Simple search and reading answered it for me. 

May 9, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2,862 of 3,117
Quote:
Hello,

Since Grado doesn't make any "closed" cans YET....can someone recommend something that may be similar with a  GRADO SOUND but are CLOSED?  Something around $150-200

Beyer DT 770 Pro, Ultrasone HiFi 780 and Pro 750 are the most Grado like that I have heard.  The first is within your budget; the second was within your budget not long ago, but has become the most expensive of the three for reasons unknown to me; the third is $225 at Amazon and is the better of the two Ultrasones I mentioned.

May 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,863 of 3,117
I've measured my Ms-1i, both on and off my head. Here's what I got:

Red curve represents how they sounded when put on my ears, yellow one is when they are laying free.
I also measured different cup materials in http://www.head-fi.org/t/604562/ms-1i-measurements#post_8371220

Have fun.

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #2,864 of 3,117
1st time post:
I Received my ms1i two days ago after 2 months of debate and reading every page of this forum I pulled the trigger.
I had to respond to the post concerning taping the bowels.
Instead of taping just turn the pads over.
The bass is enhanced with no lose of clarity. It gives the sound a darker feel with more emotion and the brightness is gone.
You may not get the detail of a bright background but you will gain a true sense of the recording.

I love these phones. My last were SR60's (non 'i' model) owned for over 8 years.
The SR60's were modded 2 months ago by removing the white grill cloth and replacing the flats with bowels.
Removing the cloth did affect the 3 dimensional sound. So that was a mistake.
But the bowel add-on was spot on. A very good thing.
I did open 4 holes but covered them back up because the sound became bloated and flat.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2,865 of 3,117
Does anyone know when the Grado made the first Alessandro headphones?
Just wondering when the cooperation started and the first MS 'phones became available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back