Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,822 of 3,117

Quote:
Quote:

The blue one is cool! Did you bought them that way or dye them

I bought them that way from Jaben Singapore. They told me, blue for left and red for right! These are their own 414 pads and it cost more than the original Senn 414 yellows. They are about US$13.50 and the original 414 yellows are US$7.50.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #2,823 of 3,117
I love my pair of ms1is. I've had them for about a year now. I think they're great headphones especially when played loud. Saying that, they are the only respectable pair I've tried.

I'm in need of some gift ideas for myself. It's my birthday in 2 weeks and people have been asking for stuff to buy me. So has anyone got any ideas of accessories that would go well with these headphones? Pads, DAC/Amp, soundcard etc. Most of the time I'm playing music through my computer and the soundcard that's in is the one that came with the computer. Would a decent one make a noticeable difference? You get the idea. What can I ask people to buy me that's £50 or under. It doesn't matter if it's over, because I can always chip in. 

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #2,824 of 3,117
Upgrading from your soundcard will definetly make a great difference. When I jumped from an old Sound Blaster Live to an external DAC I had to lift my jaw from the floor, the difference was huge, it was like rediscovering my music library: everything had more detail, every sound found it's place, you won't be disappointed.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #2,826 of 3,117
First, I want to thank all the post and reviews from everyone. They have helped me to get back on track to one of my favorite hobbies, listening and enjoying music. I am a newbie to Head-Fi forums and at first somewhat confusing, can be very informative and fun. I finally ordered my MS1i today and I look forward to listening to them. I am upgrading from Senn hd280 pros and Grado SR 60. I can't wait to hear them.

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2,827 of 3,117
For those interested: in this topic http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial/510#post_7398321 I've shown my equalization of Ms-1i that makes them more accurate in ~100Hz-10kHz range. To get it I followed instructions from post#1

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #2,828 of 3,117
Guys, i fell that the highs on my MS1i is tamed, they don't make presence. This is because of comfly pads or my poor source (my notebook have a very very bad card)? Or both?

I read on other threads that the highs is not good with comfly pads, this is true?

May 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #2,829 of 3,117
hi people,
after much deliberating, i have become an MS-1 owner as of tonight :) so they have only had about 20 minutes of burn in time. I'll reserve full judgement until i've used them a bit more but do the majority of people stick with the standard full foam pads or replace with something else. my music taste is more towards the treble end than the bass end.

even after 20 minutes I am very impressed tho :)

May 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #2,830 of 3,117
Give them a listen after ~24 hours of burn in. Generally the less foam there is between your ear and the driver the clearer the trebles will be and the sound more natural. Do quarter mod or reversed quarter mod your pads and if you'll like the sound that way then start thinking abut L-cush  aka bowls.

May 7, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #2,832 of 3,117
You cut a hole in the middle of your pad to remove the foam from sound's way. For reversed, you put them reversed, so that there is slightly more distance between ear and the driver. Use google images search for quarter mod comfies and you will get enough feedback.

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #2,835 of 3,117
mine are still on their way but i can't wait to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back