Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,896 of 3,117
Hi guys , i bought my alessandro ms1i and i put it and i feeled disappoint . I read some topics about burn in and should i do it ? And how can i do it? After do the burn in the ms1 will sound much better?
Thans guys ! 

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2,897 of 3,117
What are you comparing them to?   What dont you like?

I picked up a pair of these recently on flebay out of curiosity and comparing them to my 80i's i instantly preferred them, as in within the first 30 seconds of listening i was sold on them.

I highly recommend you get a set of the L-cushes pads on them as they made a considerable difference to my 80i's and MS1's.  Not as comfortable but worth it.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2,898 of 3,117
Thanks man , i will get the l cushes , but i need to buy it onn ebay cuz i'm from brazil =/ . 
But my ms1i is sounding so better now i spend a day listening to it , i think this will be better and better . 
But wanna buy the flat pads or l cush , did you already tried the flat pads? 

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #2,899 of 3,117
Sep 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,900 of 3,117
Bought one of the first ones that came out. Hasn't gotten much use recently because of a short in the termination, but that's being worked on. Hope to rejoin the ranks again.

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #2,902 of 3,117
  Thanks for the link man , did you like the quarter mod? 

I didn't really notice that much of a difference, the change was really subtle and sort of what you would expect will less material between your ear and driver to filter the sound.  I was really surprised with the L-cushes, i was expecting the same kind of subtle difference in sound but it was a rather dramatic change.

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,905 of 3,117
Fantastic headphones, and amazing value. Get some L Cushion pads for them and they are more or less as 'good' as the 325is (I actually preferred them in the end as they're slightly less strident)

Bass is not over-emphasised, but fast, musical, textured and perfect for rock/jazz. Never understand people saying they (or Grados in general) are bass light ...

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,909 of 3,117

Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks buddy.

I'm actually REALLY shocked at how good they sound.

Mine came with Martin Custom Audio wooden chambers - is this likely to have much effect on sound? I've always been of the "wood is for looks and doesn't change the sound" mindset.

But people have complained about these being too bass light - I'm not actually finding that at all. They don't have a visceral bass slam, but it's definitely tight, and punches very low - my test are getting down to 18-20hz pretty easily, without a HUGE amount of roll-off. I don't find them bright or sibilant, either. Absolutely amazing detail retrieval. I need to quickly get over my "honeymoon" phase, to test them properly against my other headphones, but yeah.. I'm absolutely shocked at how cheap these are. 

For acoustic/classical music, I don't honestly think I have anything better.

It's starting to SCARE me how well these are comparing to some of my (gulp) much more expensive cans. 

EDIT: Headphone band mods. What's the best bed?

How do the MS1s compare to other Grado models? Are the drives all different?

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,910 of 3,117
Very vice looking pair you got there.  I absolutely adore my set, anytime i go back to the 80i's i give up after 10-15mins and go back to the MS1's, they are that much better.   I also dont understand how people say they lack bass, IMO they have more full bodied low end than the 80i's, and similar high end without being piercing and fatiguing.  Infact when i first got them the better low end had me sold within the first minute of listening, they really are that much better than the 80i's. Only other can that get as much use are the HD650's, and dare i say it i think i prefer the MS1's.

I have a set of 225i's on the way, that should be an interesting comparison. Though Semicoln's comment above has me a little concerned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back