Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Jan 16, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #1,981 of 2,483
But he can use an analogue Messschieber (english word? don't know), so it is definetely impossible that he could be your son. 
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,982 of 2,483
If he is also able to throw and catch a ball, he's definetely not related to me
tongue.gif
  BTW, my digital Messschieber is fine...

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,983 of 2,483
Quote:
I had a nice day building distancers today. The weather was nice so I did the work outside. Also I stuffed my hearing protector with KSC75 drivers!
My dad took a picture. You can tell how serious I am about this from looking at it.
biggrin.gif

wow, your dad must be quite the photographer because this photo looks nothing like you do in your avatar! 
tongue.gif

Quote:
NoXter said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
 Messschieber (english word? don't know)

it's caliper, in english

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #1,986 of 2,483
Jan 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,987 of 2,483
So I really can't wait to begin the modding process. I bought a J$ headband, that that thing is great. Waiting on the distancers from Nick (thank you :)   ) But there is only one thing. I purchased the g cush's from AV hifi as Amazon didn't seem to have them. AV hifi kindly sent me an email informing me that Grado is having trouble keeping up with the demand and won't have any pads for a little bit. Since this seems to be a trend everywhere and they're the only reseller I know I can trust, I am going to stick with them until they get some in.

Damn it all!

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #1,989 of 2,483

Quote:
So I really can't wait to begin the modding process. I bought a J$ headband, that that thing is great. Waiting on the distancers from Nick (thank you :)   ) But there is only one thing. I purchased the g cush's from AV hifi as Amazon didn't seem to have them. AV hifi kindly sent me an email informing me that Grado is having trouble keeping up with the demand and won't have any pads for a little bit. Since this seems to be a trend everywhere and they're the only reseller I know I can trust, I am going to stick with them until they get some in.

Damn it all!

If you change your mind I know TTVJ usually has them and they are trusted. Good experience with them myself and they are a head-fi sponsor.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #1,990 of 2,483

Quote:

Damn it all!

You're welcome. :)

There are a couple of sources for the pads. You can find them in the first post of this thread.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #1,992 of 2,483
hi guys my friend got me these pads in hong kong jaben but they dont look totally like the stock gs1000 pads, the outside of it is more rounded than the pictures and they were only $25 US and i'm just wondering would it have a totally different sound? Right now when i put it on my ms1i it gets very shrill and the soundstage feels a bit wider, but the mids sound recessed? Is this what you guys hear with just ms1i and pads?
thanks

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #1,993 of 2,483
Jaben has quite the reputation I believe. Be that as it may you might not have the GS1000 pads at all. Try taking a picture and I am sure we can identify the pads!

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #1,994 of 2,483
I read right here in this thread that the Jaben pads for the alumimod were not the real deal pads. Or I at least read it in a link from this thread. Cant remember. But I have not heard them and they may sound exactly alike or not. I wonder if anyone has both.

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,995 of 2,483
The GS1000 pads as DIY is a hard nut to crack, as they consist of 2 layers of foam that have different density.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back