Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Feb 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #1,141 of 2,483
^ I can pack you some of the stuff I use. Shouldn't cost too much and if it doesn't I won't charge you anything. Just give me an address and I can probably send it out tomorrow.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #1,144 of 2,483
New MS1000 owner here in the States. Just got it put together tonight and have been fiddling with the felt. This mod definitely improves overall sound quality and range and comfort.

I just used some epoxy... was too impatient for the silicone to dry, lol. I guess the first go-round the epoxy got too spread out and separated and left a lot of gaps because it sounded thin and tinny... went back and filled in around the distancer with more epoxy and it helped a lot.

Thanks apatN for your services and nickchen for all the information. Had a lot of fun on this project. I feel like the MS1000 + uDAC is a nice lil' package for a "beginner" audiophile like myself.
smily_headphones1.gif
It sounds fantastic.

Btw, the wife said I looked "dorky", I responded, "What's new?"

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,145 of 2,483
Congrats, dorky
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #1,146 of 2,483
Haha, glad I could be of help.
smily_headphones1.gif

They're a great beginner's headphone but now that I heard a lot more headphones there I am still in love with them. The only drawback is the lack of resolution that some higher end phones can give you.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #1,148 of 2,483
Here's my rig:

head_rig.png

That's the uDAC in the fore. As for the '1000, I left her natural... big ol' black tires with white lettering. In the future, who knows, maybe I'd like some woodies to replace all the black plastic.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #1,149 of 2,483
...and a Beyer pad or or Jmoneyaudio exchange leather pad.

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #1,152 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and a Beyer pad or or Jmoneyaudio exchange leather pad.

Okay.
smily_headphones1.gif
JMoney dark brown leather pad ordered.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #1,153 of 2,483
Hi,I am a MS-PRO ultimate(MSU) user in Hong Kong and express my feeling of MSU. My source is CEC TL51X CDT and Corda stagedac

When I firstly hear MSU, I am suprised by the sound stage but disapointed by the sound because the sound seen is less wonderful than MS-PRO

However, today I use a tube amp as preamp and then connect to an amp (an amp that adjusted the sound as similar as ATH HA5000), then a wonderful results occur.

I find almost all the good sound in MS-PRO return to MSU with a bigger sound stage & deeper bass and now I can confirme that MSU is one of the best mod for MS-PRO.

Futhermore, MSU is a great HP mod and has many potentials but is more difficult to drive then MS-PRO. People must make a good combination to exhaust the power of MSU.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #1,154 of 2,483
Hi,I am a MS-PRO ultimate(MSU) user in Hong Kong and express my feeling of MSU. My source is CEC TL51X CDT and Corda stagedac

When I firstly hear MSU, I am suprised by the sound stage but disapointed by the sound because the sound seen is less wonderful than MS-PRO

However, today I use a tube amp as preamp and then connect to an amp (an amp that adjusted the sound as similar as ATH HA5000), then a wonderful results occur.

I find almost all the good sound in MS-PRO return to MSU with a big sound stage and now I can confirme that MSU is one of the best mod for MS-PRO

Futhermore, MSU is a great HP mod and has many potentials but is more difficult to drive then MS-PRO. People must make a good combination to exhaust the power of MSU.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #1,155 of 2,483
MSU
tongue.gif
I doubt I'll adopt that shortcut

However, have fun with your Ulti!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back