Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Feb 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #1,127 of 2,483
Good to see some more tinkering in this thread! I can still supply distancers but I am almost out.

iHelp I really suggest you get the GS1000 pads. Like nickchen said the pads are very hard to reproduce...

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #1,128 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to see some more tinkering in this thread! I can still supply distancers but I am almost out.

I can get some more ready in a about a week. Will that be helpful to NA modders?

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #1,129 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like nickchen said the pads are very hard to reproduce...

What you say here is true. But the whole purpose of this thread is how much can be gained by being a "Pad Tweaker". So I say, if someone wants to play around with Pad development, GO For It! Who knows what will happen. Pads make a lot more change than cables or cups do IMHO.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #1,131 of 2,483
Well, I tried, the the foam is too soft... they don't look pretty/fit well either. They are like giant HD414's.

Pretty darn comfy though.
atsmile.gif
More soundstage. Do you guys want pics?
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you say here is true. But the whole purpose of this thread is how much can be gained by being a "Pad Tweaker". So I say, if someone wants to play around with Pad development, GO For It! Who knows what will happen. Pads make a lot more change than cables or cups do IMHO.

Feb 8, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #1,132 of 2,483
Bring them on.

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #1,135 of 2,483
So I ended up buying a drill-press, cos the hand-drill method wasn't working for me at all. It's only a 5 speed, but it does the job
biggrin.gif
I found that taking it slow was the best option, otherwise the saw would stop and burn the wood. Buying a 12mm and 2mm sheet of MDF worked well for me, minimal sanding down! Next time I'll try with some Pine, but now I have to wait for the glued felt to dry so I can finally experience the MS-1000i!

Feb 14, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #1,136 of 2,483
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #1,137 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can get some more ready in a about a week. Will that be helpful to NA modders?

Wow, i can't believe i've never stumbled onto this thread.
been having the ms1's for about a year now... lost the fun in it and has been lying around my room for months. I would love to try to mod these suckers and give them new life... and I would like to get some distancers if you can provide them.

I'm in NA, CA. PM me if you can offer your awesome-services
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #1,138 of 2,483
Nobody? Come on guys, if ApatN or me have to do that job, the poor guy becomes poor from exchange rate and customs...

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #1,139 of 2,483
Okay, the foam is gone. I accidentally threw it away
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

But I'm working on some DIY C-pads. Should be done by today.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,140 of 2,483
Hello Guys and girls...

Being from Brazil can make some things difficult... I really cannot find locally the so called kitchen cleaning fleece you guys say about...

I wonder if any kind soul would mind to pack some in a letter for me...

I obviously would pay for all expenses and stuff... Let me know if any of you can help a fellow headfier from abroad.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back