AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
May 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #2,582 of 3,395
Quote:
other than that they dont offer a lot or anything at all, even cofmort wise, because during the warm summer days, they will boil your ears just like that.

Ok this is pretty uncalled for. Nobody uses these outside and I believe you have only used them during winter time so you are practically speculating here. We've already had couple of warm days here in Finland and while our inside temperature has raised a couple of degrees it hasn't affected the pad heating.

May 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #2,583 of 3,395
They sound pretty darn good with Jazz to me.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #2,584 of 3,395
Quote:
Just got on to listening to them, pretty good so far and they are different from the HE400 in many ways.  For one, I forgot how light some of the other headphones are after listening to the HE400 for almost two months.  These are pretty light and the ear pads are more comfortable for sure than the HE400.  I didn't think the HE400 ear pad are uncomfortable, but after wearing these I can see what others are saying the HE400 velour pads are stiff.  I also appreciate the wire being not so stiff,fairly thinner, and also where the wire goes into the cups of the HE400 sometime sticks out and touches my shoulders.  What threw me off was I didn't expect these to have auto adjust arms.

The only complaint I have so far is the headband still not perfect as I can feel them on top of my head.  I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but when I touch the leather headband it doesn't seem to set flat on my head and I think it's because the headband leather is too stiff. Maybe I'm spoiled after trying out the Mad dogs headband.
tongue.gif

joeq70,

not trying to be mean or anything, but the whole HD800 comment is kind of random.

Just a personal comparison for context. Never heard the k1000, but I have listened to the HD800 and Anni. I feel like many people go into a thread for a mid priced headphone hoping to read things like "Sounds way above its price level!" and "Competes with the legendary (insert top-tier headphone here)!"  And I just wanted to clarify that that has not been my impression of the Anni. It sounds acceptable for its price.

May 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #2,586 of 3,395
Ok cool just ordered the magni! I will be curious to see how this improves the PC360s I already own plus the Annies coming Thursday. Lot of money for game audio, lol

May 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,587 of 3,395
Just a personal comparison for context. Never heard the k1000, but I have listened to the HD800 and Anni. I feel like many people go into a thread for a mid priced headphone hoping to read things like "Sounds way above its price level!" and "Competes with the legendary (insert top-tier headphone here)!"  And I just wanted to clarify that that has not been my impression of the Anni. It sounds acceptable for its price.

Gotcha, I was about to say that the hd800 is in a different bracket in price to be expecting it to out do.

I say the anniv. Does pretty well with both jazz and acoustic.

May 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2,588 of 3,395
The HD800 is what? $800 more than the Annie? If the Annie can compete, the HD800 is severely overpriced. People need to get real.

As far as 'acceptable' for it's price range, I completely disagree. For under $400, I have yet to hear any headphone as balanced, yet musical as the Annie. Nothing. Not the 650, not the 880, not the Hifimans, nothing. There is usually something wrong somewhere with these headphones. As far as natural and well balanced headphones go, the Annie has no real shortcomings, IMHO. That makes them an outright steal for their price.

They are true to tbe music, yet euphonic enough to not bore me to tears. I like how they seem to only be compare with headphones that cost more than double their selling price. No wonder these people are overly critical.

May 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,589 of 3,395
Quote:
The HD800 is what? $800 more than the Annie? If the Annie can compete, the HD800 is severely overpriced. People need to get real.

As far as 'acceptable' for it's price range, I completely disagree. For under $400, I have yet to hear any headphone as balanced, yet musical as the Annie. Nothing. Not the 650, not the 880, not the Hifimans, nothing. There is usually something wrong somewhere with these headphones. As far as natural and well balanced headphones go, the Annie has no real shortcomings, IMHO. That makes them an outright steal for their price.

They are true to tbe music, yet euphonic enough to not bore me to tears. I like how they seem to only be compare with headphones that cost more than double their selling price. No wonder these people are overly critical.

Well.. you certainly have a type.
tongue_smile.gif

May 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #2,592 of 3,395
To much of empty talk and this is extra proof, cos, if somebody say that K702 Anniversaries are better than K1000 you are having hallucination at least.[size=6pt][/size]
Folks buying headphones these days like they buy pizza's and their opinions based on the differences of tomato ketchup. They do debate about if AKG made in Austria, but at the same time they go and buy those Chinese made clones that simply are stolen designs of the real manufacturers, can this be more pathetic?

THX[size=6pt][/size]

Quote:
Nobody has stated the anniv as being better than the K1000 tho...

May 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2,593 of 3,395
Yay!! Mine should be coming tmrw!! Been anxiously waiting for these to arrive.  Got a good price for them from razordogdeals so I pulled the trigger hoping to have these to compliment my beloved HD 650s. Demoed a bunch of HPs in a store once, definitely liked the K702 Annies a lot! Was very surprised by how balanced the sound was... they ended up being my second fav that day (fav was HD 800). Outta all the other phones i tried that day (K550, HE-400, LCD2, HE 500, Beyer T1, PS1000) I felt these were the closest to the HD 800s in terms of staging, imaging and tone character (but of course HD 800 beat it out in all respects... but rightly so for the price).

May 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2,594 of 3,395
Yeah I see almost no reason to get the k550 when the k702 AE is around, later the k712.

The he400, I haven't spend enough time on the AE to really say I like it better, but I do like it better as of my first impression with three hour of listening. Enjoyment most likely techically I'm not totally convinced yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back