AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Mar 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #2,041 of 3,395
Quote:

Today I took my "Anniversary" (can i call it that now?
normal_smile .gif
) to work and was using just portable amps and sources.

If the pad fits...

I call my mine both "Q701" and "Anniversary" depending on which pad it is wearing.  It answers to both names when I call.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,044 of 3,395
I call my K701 "Tranny" because it is so transparent :D

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2,047 of 3,395
Quote:
I call my Annies' "AKG killer"  Because she kills all other AKG models 
biggrin.gif

fixed it for you... 

Don't want peeps getting the wrong end of the stick 
size]

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #2,051 of 3,395
Quote:

Are we back to the original K702?

Nope, just trying to get 100% of the Anniversary sound. Q701 with 65th pads and the q701 outer foam sounds a bit "off". Nothing terrible, but it just doesn't seem as clear.
I guess getting as close to the original Anniversary is best. The Anniversary has no grill foam.

I wonder how much AKG charges for the Anniversary grill? Probably $40
biggrin.gif
Obviously I'd just get K702 grills if I was actually THAT picky.

I honestly have to say that my ears aren't good enough to pick out every single difference with every frequency. Comparing the ODAC to Modi was hard enough.

Yep, it's clear the 65th has more bass and less treble. I'd like to see measurements of the 65th eventually.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2,052 of 3,395
Quote:
Nope, just trying to get 100% of the Anniversary sound. Q701 with 65th pads and the q701 outer foam sounds a bit "off". Nothing terrible, but it just doesn't seem as clear.
I guess getting as close to the original Anniversary is best. The Anniversary has no grill foam.

I wonder how much AKG charges for the Anniversary grill? Probably $40
biggrin.gif
Obviously I'd just get K702 grills if I was actually THAT picky.

I honestly have to say that my ears aren't good enough to pick out every single difference with every frequency. Comparing the ODAC to Modi was hard enough.

Yep, it's clear the 65th has more bass and less treble. I'd like to see measurements of the 65th eventually.

Yeah, a proper measurement is what many people are waiting for...

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #2,054 of 3,395
I can't for the life of me get these damn grilles off lol. I'm afraid to break the headphones with the amount of pressure I'm putting on them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,055 of 3,395
Quote:
I can't for the life of me get these damn grilles off lol. I'm afraid to break the headphones with the amount of pressure I'm putting on them.

Don't be tempted to use metal objects! I made that mistake once and damaged a grill.
Tape rarely works for some reason.

I know it sounds silly, but swipe some of those Priority Mail tags from the post office. Place it on the grill and rotate counter clock-wise. They are less sticky (no residue) but work well.

Of course re-use it when you're done because it's not really legal unless you're planning on shipping something out 
regular_smile .gif
As if they'd care...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back