AIAIAI TMA-1
May 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,171 of 1,345
  Hi, I live in Israel and my friend can't find a replacement headband from Aiaiai here. is there anyone who would be willing to purchase a replacement headband in his name and he would pay for them and shipping here? Or anyone who is selling replacement headbands who is willing to ship to Israel?
Please PM me if you are.

Thanks in advance

Do they have a facility near you? In the few times I've dealt with them, they have been very helpful. At the very least, they would charge you a rate more reasonable than having it shipped from overseas.

May 7, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #1,172 of 1,345
They might just be out of stock period for the moment. Before the tma-2 went on sale i sent customer service an email about it & they said they would be available april 15th. but that was right when the tma-2 became available IIRC. & their web-page was completely changed, & accessories weren't listed. now they are, but they're out of stock again.

May 7, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,173 of 1,345
  Do they have a facility near you? In the few times I've dealt with them, they have been very helpful. At the very least, they would charge you a rate more reasonable than having it shipped from overseas.

They might just be out of stock period for the moment. Before the tma-2 went on sale i sent customer service an email about it & they said they would be available april 15th. but that was right when the tma-2 became available IIRC. & their web-page was completely changed, & accessories weren't listed. now they are, but they're out of stock again.

Their entire site is unavailable in Israel to the point where even a proxy doesn't help

May 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,175 of 1,345
Really really cool!
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #1,177 of 1,345
The 1st one with micro-fiber looks like TMA-1X which has a nice and natural sound that I love. I'm more interest in the velour earpad and the leather over-the-ear cushion. They're new in AIAIAI products.

May 29, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,180 of 1,345
I just bought the Ghostly Edition, couldn't resist that leather and memory foam.

Congrats, dude!
Hope your wait for shipping doesn't last too long.
Unless you bought them in a shop (lucky you).
You'll love them.
When you can spare another $50 I highly recommend the PU leather over-ear pads.
Just got them yesterday & they've never sounded better.

May 29, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,181 of 1,345
Congratulation @T.R.A.N.C.E. -- to me the Ghostly was their best on-ear variant. And @WitzyZed is right, get the over-ear pads...
My TMA-2 with S03 and the over-ear pads is with me every day for my subway ride to the office and back, love them. Comfortable and nice sound, perfect for my EDM preferences. And with the larger pads treble gets a lot better, they are less warm, more balanced.

Going to order some additional parts for toying around :)

May 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,183 of 1,345
I talked to a reviewer on youtube, DJBOOTH, & he reckoned that the S03 was even deeper and resonated with bass more than the DJ (S02) or Ghostly.
Though he no longer had the Ghostly on hand any more, so it's a bit iffy.
& plakat has both so I'm sure he could tell you more.

May 30, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #1,184 of 1,345
^ Cool, hopefully plakat will chime in. We know that the Ghostly uses a titanium driver, and only S02 and S03 are titanium, and S02 is the regular TMA-1 DJ driver, so if Ghostly has "custom driver/cup pairing" its likely it just means instead of using the regular DJ S02 driver they just switched to the Studio S03 driver lol. But maybe Ghostly really is using a custom driver/cup :O

May 30, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,185 of 1,345
Just gave my Ghostly and my TMA-2 a short listen... the Ghostly is more intimate, with a bit more upper bass and warmer, less treble. Until you change the pads that is... I'm not fast enough to change them for a reliable comparison and don't have spare pads of either kind on me, but I'd say the driver used in the Ghostly is more or less the S03.

The Ghostly pads do not work well with the Young Guru (which seems to use the S04, at least after the change to TMA-2, mine is a TMA-1 model), too much midbass and toned down treble. With its own pads the YG has more presence than my TMA-2, which puts voices more to the foreground but I still like the TMA-2 better in that regard, being a bit warmer, fuller and offering better treble extension. Plus with the TMA-2 the bass reaches deeper.

I used the Ghostly quite a bit when on the go, but always found its sound signature a bit lacking for a quieter place, like sitting down at a cafe, where I exchanged it for some other headphone I took with me. With the TMA-2 I happily keep it on, don't need an amp even... just fine with my iPhone. Fun sound, not dull or muffled, good isolation and very good comfort. The best AIAIAI to date for me... *really* like it.

Looking forward to the velour on-ear pads I have on order...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back