AIAIAI TMA-1
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,157 of 1,345
What I found most interesting: there seem to be four drivers in use (i.e. with the current models). I attributed most of the differences to pads and enclosure I have to admit...

Nevertheless an interesting new twist. And I still like the Ghostly TMA-1, which seems to use the D4 driver, which I could now combine with over-ear pads. Plus the availability of 3-button cords for any model is very welcome.

I always liked AIAIAI for their promotion of electronic music and artists. Nice to see them moving on with their headphones as well.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,158 of 1,345
I just wonder if the cables that they're selling now fit older models, and vice versa...

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,159 of 1,345
Would be very surprised if they changed that... but a good question nevertheless.

From what I read I'd guess they took their current models and put out a way to mix and match. I don't have the impression that there are any radically new parts in play, just a rather radical way of distributing headphones.

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,160 of 1,345
Would love to give the new drivers a go! Specially  the S04.. Love the design of aiaiai products but for 230 euros for the build i want, i honestly don´t t think they are competetive. Would love if they proved me wrong though :D

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,162 of 1,345
thats correct, the old driver housings don't have connectors on the upper side... it'll be interesting to see how these upgrade kits are done...

I think I'll get myself what might essentially be a Ghostly over-ear with 3-button remote: H3 + S4 + E4 + E6
I hope the buttons on the remote are easier to find on the new ones as with the old cable I had problems identifying the buttons without looking.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,163 of 1,345
From reading the description on the Young Guru preset, it sounds like it uses the S04 SU. So the Ghostly MIGHT be using the S03 SU, or isn't included in the available SU's.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #1,164 of 1,345
From reading the description on the Young Guru preset, it sounds like it uses the S04 SU. So the Ghostly MIGHT be using the S03 SU, or isn't included in the available SU's.

Yes, the YG preset references the S04 driver unit, so you might be correct with that... I'll just get the S03 then I guess. A fun game... but must be hell for a distributor or shop :wink:

May 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,166 of 1,345
Look what came in today... S03 + H03 + E04 + C06 and a spare headband H02 :)

Very subtle branding on the inside of the well-padded headband. I chose the leather over-ear pads, which are really soft and comfortable. Sound reminds my very much of the Ghostly Edition, the coiled cable from that one does indeed fit the TMA-2, but the locking mechanism seems to be a bit off (with the C06 cable I ordered with my TMA-2 everything is fine though).

A minor thing: the short coiled cable on the headband seems a bit too big when moving the cups to their upper position. Not a big problem though, the added flexibility is more than worth it. Very happy so far, looking forward to taking them out tomorrow. Isolation seems quite good, so my extended subway ride to work is not going to disturb my enjoyment...

May 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,169 of 1,345
nice!
i'm likely to pick up the pu over ear for my ghosts.
wearing glasses, the leather ghostly pads actually hurt far sooner than the synthetic leather ones that came with my vanilla TMA-1: they cover less surface area, which helps.

May 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,170 of 1,345
Hi, I live in Israel and my friend can't find a replacement headband from Aiaiai here. is there anyone who would be willing to purchase a replacement headband in his name and he would pay for them and shipping here? Or anyone who is selling replacement headbands who is willing to ship to Israel?
Please PM me if you are.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back