AIAIAI TMA-1
Mar 1, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #1,126 of 1,345
  Sadly even the short straight cable AIAIAI sells online, at least when I ordered it, turned out to be at LEAST SEVEN FEET LONG. Far longer than the 1.2 meter length detailed on their site. If anyone can confirm that the v-moda cable works, that'd be dope.

The stones throw comes with a 1,2 meter iphone remote cable and one coiled. The remote/mic cable actually have very good audio quality when taking calls..However it is like a rubber band! 

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #1,127 of 1,345
  Sadly even the short straight cable AIAIAI sells online, at least when I ordered it, turned out to be at LEAST SEVEN FEET LONG. Far longer than the 1.2 meter length detailed on their site. If anyone can confirm that the v-moda cable works, that'd be dope.

Just tried the V-Moda shareplay cable and the standard M-100 cable -- both work fine. Just be sure to insert them completely, you have to align them with the locking mechanism of the TMA-1.

Congratulation on your purchase!

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,129 of 1,345
Thank your the info.. I just noticed that they charge a leg and an arm for shipping outside the US
frown.gif

Yes, thats very unfortunate... but you may want to dig through (better "search within") the M-100 thread, several people mentioned alternative cables that go with the M-100. I think they might also fit with the TMA-1 then... and are maybe available for cheap within the EU as well. Or get a cheap cable with thin plastic 3,5mm connectors. If it does not fit, grab a sharp knife and carefully make it fit...

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #1,131 of 1,345
  Found a cable that works in the recessed socket. I guess most of these types of connectors will actually work. Don´t have a calliper at home to measure it but here is a pic.

Actually quite good looking. What cable is that and where did you find it?

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,136 of 1,345
Do you guys know if there is any velour pads that fits? How bout the HD25 velours? 

I mean how do you plan on getting around the attachment mechanism? With the four pins...

Butchering a pair of existing pads & then.. glue?

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,138 of 1,345
And wrapping it around?

Do what you like!

Maybe I'm missing the core concept here of what you're trying to do.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,139 of 1,345
  Just punch 4 new holes, it´s not rocket science :)

Well, the holes are on the headphone, not the pad... the pad is the part with the 4 poles sticking out, i.e. the one on the left side, in @WitzyZed 's photo above

I think you might have to cut up the original pad, get the connector part with those poles out and wrap a new pads around that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back