AD700 First Impressions
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #106 of 176
Shimmer,
Yes I sold them because of these. Even though these are not as good technically, now I know at least that headphones can do better at the current under 500 price range which is currently full of crappy unrealistic sounding junk... I hope the ad900 is an upgrade to the direction I want. pls let it be! So many headphones tried that failed, this hobby is becoming more expensive than a speaker audio habit

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #107 of 176
nhat thanh,
just trying the avatar out. I love martin gore as I do Morrissey but the art was so much better on the old on hmm... lets try something else

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #109 of 176
That's really cool
ph34r.gif

But I think someone here in Head-fi has used it
rolleyes.gif

Well, I have never thought that you would end up selling your beloved HD600 because of these AD700 lol
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #110 of 176
I know, the ad700 is too low end but it has made me enjoy music again instead of analyzing so much and doing too much song scanning. I can actually play full albums again. really, I'm happy with myself
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #111 of 176
Now I'm curious how AD1000 or AD1000PRM sound, though I know that according to some people they are not so good, even when not consider the price.
One of the head-fier who bought AD1000 first, then when he tried the AD900 he was very impressed and much prefers them to the AD1000.
Well to be honest I just wait for the chance to hear the AD1000 or AD1000PRM, so I can make a comparison between the whole AD line (not bother with AD500/300/100
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #113 of 176
Hmm, maybe I sell off my K271mkii and get a pair of AD700 while I'm in the US. Just wish I didn't have a need for a closed headphone!

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #114 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shimmer,
Yes I sold them because of these. Even though these are not as good technically, now I know at least that headphones can do better at the current under 500 price range which is currently full of crappy unrealistic sounding junk... I hope the ad900 is an upgrade to the direction I want. pls let it be! So many headphones tried that failed, this hobby is becoming more expensive than a speaker audio habit

Yeah let me know how the AD900 goes. I may be interested in getting a pair. Surprised you parted with the 600s though lol. That's why I'm more into the 'right signature' thing now than hearing the latest and greatest hyped headphone that technically does everything right.

I'd rather just get a good headphone that has the right signature than dump all kinds of money into a super expensive headphone, trying to change it into something else.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #115 of 176
WOW!!!!!! Just received the AD700 not an hour ago. donunus you were absolutely spot on in your praise. I thought you may have been preaching too loudly on the AD700 podium, but you were dead on with your assessment. To all who think these are bass light, these are not 10" subs, but in my brief listening are not bass light. Clarity, soundstage, and midrange all nice. I know that these are a big leap up from the Sennheiser EH150, but if you are on the fence about these cans, I would not hesitate to buy them. Still getting used to the fit, as they seem loose, but rest nicely on the head. I'm sure if you want to upgrade from standard cans up the fidelity chain these are not a mistake in your travels. Post more later as I'm enjoying the music.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #116 of 176
I don't necessarily think they are bass light either (they are certainly not bass heavy though). They just have somewhat weak bass impact.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #117 of 176
I'm hoping the AD900s are that 'sweet spot. If so, I'll get them later on in the year. I think after I purchase them, I'm done with buying headphones for a long time. HD800s seem cool, but they are way too expensive for my tastes.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #118 of 176
I'm amped with the PA2V2, and so far, the bass is good, not heavy, but in appropriate amount for my ear.Tried some jazz first and you could not only hear the bass being picked but the finger hitting the strings. Now going through some rock, and hour and a half in, I can say you may do better for $100, but if you want a sure thing, buy these cans.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #119 of 176
As one currently on the fence regarding the AD700s, have to say that this thread has definitely been interesting to follow.

Only on the fence as I am considering the AD900s (which to keep within budget I would have to pick up used). As a result - anxiously awaiting your thoughts donunus

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #120 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW!!!!!! Just received the AD700 not an hour ago. donunus you were absolutely spot on in your praise. I thought you may have been preaching too loudly on the AD700 podium, but you were dead on with your assessment.

aaahhh enjoy

Kevm2,
I will be getting the ad900s soon and will do a comparison with these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back