Acoustune Impressions thread
Feb 26, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #736 of 807
Remind me, what stock tips do these come with? If you want to keep it within the Acoustune family, the AEX70 are spendy but very soft and comfortable. (In fact they’re so soft I might suggest sizing up for a good seal.)

I also like the AEX07 (the new AET07) a lot - I hear more dimensional staging with it. They aren’t quite as soft but I personally find them very comfortable still.
They come with AET06, AET07, and AET08. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll see if I can get my hands on those - I also wouldn't mind exploring options outside the Acoustune family if you'd have any in mind.

Thanks a lot again!

Feb 26, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #737 of 807
They come with AET06, AET07, and AET08. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll see if I can get my hands on those - I also wouldn't mind exploring options outside the Acoustune family if you'd have any in mind.

Thanks a lot again!

Going through my tip box, the softest tips I have are the ePro EP00 (these are occasionally maligned in other threads for being too soft, but it comes down to individual ear anatomy imo), Spinfit W1 and CP series, Moondrop Spring tips and TRN T eartips. From memory, the Sony EP-EX11 are pretty soft as well though I have no idea where mine are atm. The Azla Sednaearfit Max is also very comfortable for me (but pretty much in the same price range as the AEX70).

The caveat is that it’s been some time since I tried the HS1300SS and while I own all these tips, I haven’t actually tried them with it and they may affect its sound differently, so actual HS1300SS owners may have better suggestions. All these tips should have no problems fitting the nozzle though.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #738 of 807
I use final E tips on mine

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #739 of 807
Its seems that they prioritize the hong kong market first then to japan, but tbh not that long i think, im sure HS2000MX MK2 and ACT05 will reach japan shortly after this.
e earphone also seems to got the ACT04 now
many people said acoustune is actually owned by HK capital but most of the R&D and manufacturing remain in japan (similar situation to Stax after acquired by Edifier in 2012). e-earphone listed acoustune products as "HK". i believe almost always their products are available to HK market first too. anyway, the sound and built quality are exceptionally high (also performance-to-price ratio) for most of their products. and it's really admirable that they insist in using just single DD and improving it again and again (not counting the Madoo line under the same group)

one of the dealer in HK offered a special discount last week so I purchased ACT04 and was also lured to order the ST2000 ciem body too. ST2000 will take 12 weeks to arrive. ACT04 freshly from the box has much more impact in bass and projects a more enveloping/spatial soundstage than ACT03 i'm currently using. i've considered to get act05 but the much higher price and act04's beautiful birch cap made me went for act04 instead :relaxed:

Attachments

• 20230227_205016.jpg
    20230227_205016.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230227_205344.jpg
    20230227_205344.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #740 of 807
many people said acoustune is actually owned by HK capital but most of the R&D and manufacturing remain in japan (similar situation to Stax after acquired by Edifier in 2012). e-earphone listed acoustune products as "HK". i believe almost always their products are available on market in HK first too. anyway, the sound and built quality are exceptionally high (also performance-to-price ratio) for most of their products. and it's really admirable that they insist in using just single DD and improving it again and again (not counting the Madoo line under the same group)

one of the dealer in HK offered a special discount last week so I purchased ACT04 and was also lured to order the ST2000 ciem body too. ST2000 will take 12 weeks to arrive. ACT04 freshly from the box has much more impact in bass and projects a more enveloping/spatial soundstage than ACT03 i'm currently using. i've considered to get act05 but the much higher price and act04's beautiful birch cap made me went for act04 instead :relaxed:
Which one would be your preferred chamber by now if one wanted to seriously tone down treble and get fuller bass and mids at the same time?

drftr

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #741 of 807
Which one would be your preferred chamber by now if one wanted to seriously tone down treble and get fuller bass and mids at the same time?

drftr
i think act04 will meet your criteria better amongst act01, 03 and 04. there's less treble (some found it offensive in act01) and the bass is full and impactful. but i haven't heard either act02 or act05 which both are highly praised by many users in HK.

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #742 of 807
i think act04 will meet your criteria better amongst act01, 03 and 04. there's less treble (some found it offensive in act01) and the bass is full and impactful. but i haven't heard either act02 or act05 which both are highly praised by many users in HK.
Tnx much... I think that perfectly reflects the opinion of some other well respected members here.

drftr

EDIT: Which, I have to add, is not a quality stamp or anything. Diversity above all!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #743 of 807
Hello im interesting about Acoustune IEM but still not decide yet since they're so many variant and im new into this brand, i got confused

Can someone tell me the difference between 1670SS anda 1677SS, how their perform etc, i can only find brand new 1677SS for 745usd

Also is 1750CU is recommended for 585 usd brand new here, i seek bright sounding midforward sound, but within budget under 1000 usd, is there any suggestion ?!

Im interesting in old model because someone here selling 1670ss for just 275 usd but since it's discontinue, i couldnot tell how the sound, also what about acoustune aftersales, do they as good as 64 audio for example, do they still want to repair their old product if somehow it's broken ?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #744 of 807
Hello im interesting about Acoustune IEM but still not decide yet since they're so many variant and im new into this brand, i got confused

Can someone tell me the difference between 1670SS anda 1677SS, how their perform etc, i can only find brand new 1677SS for 745usd

Also is 1750CU is recommended for 585 usd brand new here, i seek bright sounding midforward sound, but within budget under 1000 usd, is there any suggestion ?!

Im interesting in old model because someone here selling 1670ss for just 275 usd but since it's discontinue, i couldnot tell how the sound, also what about acoustune aftersales, do they as good as 64 audio for example, do they still want to repair their old product if somehow it's broken ?
Would like to know if someone has the 1750CU and can make some comments comparing it to other IEMs.

Apr 7, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #746 of 807
Acoustune HS1300SS gold.jpg

Acoustune HS1300SS Dorado gold :L3000:

Apr 8, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #747 of 807

Apologies, very late response pak.
The old flagship (70ss) is mmcx whilst the latest (77ss) is a pentaconn connector
Tuning wise, treble is higher on the latest - plenty air and sparkle, very revealing. both excellent mid bass emphasis and organic mids.
Energetic lower treble. These sets can catch up fast tracks easy.
Scale of imaging is on the large side.
Should some albums become super bright and sibilant, I use Penon's Orange tips, and @ the same time, gives off the best analogue, realistic mids from Acoustunes

IMG_E3386.JPG

Im interesting in old model because someone here selling 1670ss for just 275 usd but since it's discontinue,
To my ears the old flagship is still a keeper! Take it. Very relevant then, very relevant today esp. @ that price...
i couldnot tell how the sound, also what about acoustune aftersales, do they as good as 64 audio for example, do they still want to repair their old product if somehow it's broken ?
My 70s (Made in Japan) are 4 years old, never broke down! They're stainless steel 3d CNC milled. I work in construction. This is part of my edc set
For tuning, check out track #2, as well as 3 excellent Bass you can somehow feel, very engaging natural mids, trebles sparkle, plenty air. fantastic details.
Sound field is wide, tall and decent depth.

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #749 of 807
I am very interested in these! Anyone had experience comparing them to the UM MEST MK2?
Mest to me, music sound very immersive, very smooth, actually too smooth for my taste, too tuby sounding. The treble is way too light for my taste, clarity definitely lose out to 1750 by a big margin.

1750 follow acoustune signature, strong bass, good vocal and treble. Not smooth tuby soound like mest. they r totally 2 different sound signature.

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #750 of 807

Users who are viewing this thread

Back