Acoustune Impressions thread
Jul 4, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #766 of 805
It does stick out way too much. But on the upside you probably have 100% isolation though...
Sadly not in this case. The passive isolation just on par with the universal version (which is far being great!). i could clearly heard others' conservation and announcements in subway.

Jul 4, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #767 of 805
just found a pair of 2nd hand act02! finally got the complete set of act01-05 :relaxed: seemingly the resolving act01 suits my personal preference the best.

Attachments

• 20230704_192507.jpg
    20230704_192507.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230704_205142.jpg
    20230704_205142.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jul 4, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #768 of 805
just picked up my st2000 after 4 months from making the ear impression. the 1st day experience is frankly not all that positive.

the st2000 arrived with the usual black card box and metal case commonly used in acoustune products. the smoke translucent shell looks quite disappointing. there's a sound tube like portion to direct the sound to ear canals. around that portion the shell looks whitish and seems almost like the material used are not stirred well . . . maybe it's just the wall thickness of that part changed too much so causing this very unsightly look.

the shell is huge! it's almost 3 times bigger than the hs2000mx and double the size of just ear (already the most sizable ciems i've seen!!!) passive isolation is just so so. not subjectively better than hs2000mx (which is not good by uiem standard). i could easily hear people beside me talking and all the noise in the subway which i've long not heard with any of my other iems i got . . .

it doesn't sound distinctive different from hs2000mx as it's the same capsule anyway. wearing comfort (and stability) is great though, even the size is so big. i also took a selfie showing how much the st2000 protrudes outside my ear and i look quite like frankenstein with st2000 on . . . even fitear DC Ti or just ear are almost flush with the ear. i felt like st2000 sticks out more than 1cm!

Thanks for the impressions and sorry to hear. Must say I had been tempted by the ST2000 but held off as it had been a while and there were still no reviews. They remind me more of those custom tips that were popular with Etys, than actual ciems. Are you able to get a refit?

just found a pair of 2nd hand act02! finally got the complete set of act01-05 :relaxed: seemingly the resolving act01 suits my personal preference the best.

Congrats! And now there’s 06 and 07 apparently… :relaxed: anyone heard those yet or have any idea how they sound?

Jul 4, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #769 of 805
Thanks for the impressions and sorry to hear. Must say I had been tempted by the ST2000 but held off as it had been a while and there were still no reviews. They remind me more of those custom tips that were popular with Etys, than actual ciems. Are you able to get a refit?

Congrats! And now there’s 06 and 07 apparently… :relaxed: anyone heard those yet or have any idea how they sound?
It actually fits comfortably. Just the design seems inherently not sealing well. I doubt refitting will help a lot so didn't plan to do so.

No idea how Act06 & 07 would sound like at this moment. Probably will pass this time as acoustune already issued too many capsule in roo little time 😕

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #770 of 805
Jul 13, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #771 of 805

I am a current user of ST2000 and I personally give a very positive comment to this characteristic unique CM, providing choosing a chamber that fits my need.

I was using HS2000MX + ACT01 and I loved the sound due to the fast response (comparing within dynamic units, it has a good high) and a clear low.
After I get the ST2000 and try with ACT01, the low gets very light and high becomes too aggressive.
I love natural sounds so I try other options.

There maybe few reasons cause this
1. Longer physical distance from chamber to ear
2. Body Material is different
3. Without earpieces' modification

I tried ACT03 and ACT04 with ST2000 and choose ACT04 finally.
It's sound is super realistic, especially the impressive low (realistic sound vibration) which I have never heard from other in-ears.

Generally for the ST2000 design and comparing to other used CM's,
probably due to the longer physical distance from chamber to ear,
the soundstage is very large which also never experienced from others.

The main drawback is the sound insulation is not good comparing with other CMs (even with IEMs).
But if I have to choose either one, I will sacrifice the sound insulation to provide an outstanding soundstage.

Personally the wearing comfortability is good enough comparing with other 3 CMs,
including Fitear, the best one in terms of comfortability.

From the beginning, new users for ST2000 (not upgrade plan from HS2000MX),could only choose ACT03 (initially) and also ACT04 not a long time later.
Actually the unit for ACT03,04 (10mm Myrinx WS, 50Ω) is different from ACT01,02,05 (2nd Myrinx Composite 10mm, 24Ω).
Although users may still choose other chambers according to their own preferences,
that still persuades me ACT03,04 designs for CM and ACT01,02,05 for IEM.

One of the reason there are not many reviews for ST2000 is it still has not been released in Japan.

Publics should not have tried ACT06,07 as they will be the first time could be tried at 夏のヘッドフォン祭 mini 2023 according to the newest official annoucement.
https://twitter.com/Acoustune_audio/status/1679037888665714690

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #772 of 805
It actually fits comfortably. Just the design seems inherently not sealing well. I doubt refitting will help a lot so didn't plan to do so.

No idea how Act06 & 07 would sound like at this moment. Probably will pass this time as acoustune already issued too many capsule in roo little time 😕
Personally do not think refit will help if you are sure there are no air flows from the gaps (if any) to the ear.

This could probably caused by the design: chamber can be changed so it has to be made bigger.
Physical distance from ear to chamber has to be longer.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #774 of 805
I had recently bought the 1750CU and 1790TI and I love both of them.
Now is pairing with ARS133 and Shanling M3 ULTRA / Shanling H5.
Is there recommendation on the upgrade cable for them?
Especially for the 1750CU, I would like to improve its resolution and the treble.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #777 of 805
IMG_E4215.JPG

Leo Plus possess Unsilver qualities when it comes to Bass slam. May not be as visceral as the pure copper counterpart (it is still visceral to a good degree), but the bass extension, rumble, texture and overall detail are improved. Mids are more organic (on top of the Acoustune signature natural mids) and the top end is creamy, well extended - NOT THIN.

8 strands gold-silver-palladium alloy wire, hand knitting.
Carefully selected gold–silver palladium alloy wire as the basis, exquisite hand weaving.
The conductor shielding’s anti-oxidation effect, high-transparent and bright wire sheath.
You can get your adapter here --> Pentaconn Adapter

Pictured above is a more than 3 year old LP, zero oxidation, compared to even Acoustune's stock cables...

I had recently bought the 1750CU and 1790TI and I love both of them.
Now is pairing with ARS133 and Shanling M3 ULTRA / Shanling H5.
Is there recommendation on the upgrade cable for them?
Especially for the 1750CU, I would like to improve its resolution and the treble.

Compared to the Sharaku, Penon's Leo Plus is Wider staging giving off better spread, layering and separation...

I have finally ordered the nobunaga labs sharaku to pair with my 1750CU, hope can fulfill my expectation.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #779 of 805
ACT06 and ACT07 modules for the HS/ST2000 are available in HK. I didn't read any impressions on them yet despite having appeared in multiple shows in Japan already.

I asked about the difference between the two modules from a HK shop and got this response: ACT06 is focused on resolution/clarity while ACT07 is focused on bass response.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #780 of 805
I think with ars133 and nobunaga, it is good enough for u to switch btw either 1, depending on ur mood.
Yes Totally agree.

As I usually listen to both Songs and Soundtracks, I think 1750CU with ARS133 already did well on a vast majority of music inside my playlist, especially when dealing with vocals and rock metal music (like the FFVII Remake Airbuster Theme very much).
But when I comes to orchestral music (especially with violin), the treble part becomes dimmer and not so fun. Also the performance between instruments are not so separated, still the song is energetic.

So in this case, I think the nobunaga sharaku may help improve the weakness of 1750CU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back