A companion to sleep on the side with? Yes, I AM in the right forum! ;-)
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #31 of 51

Hey Chris, NO FAIR!!! 
blink.gif
  How am I going to sleep now, with those images in my head?...  
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Quote:

I'd always imagined iems would prevent you hearing the smoke detectors going off or Michael Myers rummaging in the cutlery drawer in the kitchen...
Anyways, sweet dreams 
etysmile.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #33 of 51

Quote:
Hey Chris, NO FAIR!!! 
blink.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Quote:
Get a dynamic driver that doesn't isolate as well so you won't have that issue lol. I already recommended one to you BTW :)

Lee, I'm a dynamic person and a very good driver but that's as far as my understanding of DYNAMIC DRIVER goes... 
redface.gif

I think this thread is deteriorating...   
tongue_smile.gif
  On my way to Googling...

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #35 of 51
Suddenly , I'm feeling like a crazy person talking to myself -- third post in a row! :wink:

Here's a slightly different question.  Is there a B&M -- of a chain variety, I assume -- where I could sample and try those various IEMs?  See,  I'm learning the lingo. 
etysmile.gif

I live in the greater LA area, so we have chains and specialty stores galore.  Any suggestions?

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #36 of 51
Try DCX Store -- Culver City.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #37 of 51

Quote:
Try DCX Store -- Culver City.

Thanks!  Are you sure they're still in business?  I just called on my cell, my landline, and through GV -- "Your call did not go through..." etc.  Plus - the last Yelp review is from a year ago.  Looks like a great place, based on the reviews...

I wouldn't even mind going to LBC or OC, if I were able to touch, feel, look and compare. (I live in the South Bay area.)

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #38 of 51
Ok, I didn't have the desire to read the small 3 pages of this thread, so Here's my 2 bits. I am a side sleeper big time and, fall asleep every evening (or morning) with my IEMS. I have found that the Westones are the most comfortable Iems I have tried. Depending on the type of music you like and details you require there are a wide variety that will suit you. Now, I have recently purchased the GR07's, and these are extremely comfortable also, and I have been sold on Dynamic Drivers as a result. Best Wishes and Happy Dreams

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #39 of 51

Quote:
Thanks!  Are you sure they're still in business?  I just called on my cell, my landline, and through GV -- "Your call did not go through..." etc.  Plus - the last Yelp review is from a year ago.  Looks like a great place, based on the reviews...

I wouldn't even mind going to LBC or OC, if I were able to touch, feel, look and compare. (I live in the South Bay area.)

You missed them by a month...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/570341/dxc-store-in-culver-city-ca-will-be-closed

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #40 of 51

Quote:

Quote:
Hey Chris, NO FAIR!!! 
blink.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Lee, I'm a dynamic person and a very good driver but that's as far as my understanding of DYNAMIC DRIVER goes... 
redface.gif

I think this thread is deteriorating...   
tongue_smile.gif
  On my way to Googling...

lol when I mean dynamic driver I am talking about what the IE7 IEM is. Its a dynamic driver while the Shure SE535 would be a BA (balanced armature) driver. Dynamic drivers scale better in general and can cover all the frequency range while a BA driver has a hard time doing this and usually requires more than one in order to fine tune them to a certain frequency which allows them to compete with dynamics, even out do them according to the custom IEMs.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #41 of 51
Updating my experience with some of the IEMs that I have - My Shure SE425 is much more comfortable than W4 especially when it comes to sleeping on your side.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #42 of 51

Quote:
lol when I mean dynamic driver I am talking about what the IE7 IEM is. Its a dynamic driver while the Shure SE535 would be a BA (balanced armature) driver. Dynamic drivers scale better in general and can cover all the frequency range while a BA driver has a hard time doing this and usually requires more than one in order to fine tune them to a certain frequency which allows them to compete with dynamics, even out do them according to the custom IEMs.

Thanks, Lee, got it and I did Google it after you mentioned it. 
wink.gif

Quote:
nikp 
Updating my experience with some of the IEMs that I have - My Shure SE425 is much more comfortable than W4 especially when it comes to sleeping on your side.

Thanks, nikp, good to know.  In the process of deciding what to get.

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #43 of 51
Consider the ECCI PR401... they're one of the lowest-profile IEMs I've seen. I do fall asleep with them (I'm a side-sleeper too) quite a bit since receiving them and they are VERY comfortable. Especially since they work best on shallow insertion - I find deep insertion IEMs disconcerting. Read about it in joker's super IEM thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-199-iems-compared-fischer-audio-tandem-hisoundaudio-crystal-added-10-05-11

Very good sound quality too and only 75 bucks.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #44 of 51
I second the suggestion for the Yuin PK3. They have great sound quality and the earbud design means you wont block out your surroundings. I use the PK3 when im at my computer and dont want to block out all noise. They sound fantastic!

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #45 of 51
+1 for the q-JAYS as well...I slept with them for over 2 years and they never let me down! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back