1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

A companion to sleep on the side with? Yes, I AM in the right forum! ;-)

First

Back
1 2
Next

Last
  1. sofsof007

Hey Chris, NO FAIR!!! [​IMG]  How am I going to sleep now, with those images in my head?...  [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Quote:

2. lee730

Quote:

Get a dynamic driver that doesn't isolate as well so you won't have that issue lol. I already recommended one to you BTW :)

3. sofsof007

Quote:

Quote:

Lee, I'm a dynamic person and a very good driver but that's as far as my understanding of DYNAMIC DRIVER goes... [​IMG]

I think this thread is deteriorating...   [​IMG]  On my way to Googling...

4. sofsof007

Quote:

Chris, I just noticed this suggestion, thanks.  Looked them up on Amazon.  Looks really good but quite expensive - something like $230.

5. sofsof007
    Suddenly , I'm feeling like a crazy person talking to myself -- third post in a row! :wink:

Here's a slightly different question.  Is there a B&M -- of a chain variety, I assume -- where I could sample and try those various IEMs?  See,  I'm learning the lingo. [​IMG]

I live in the greater LA area, so we have chains and specialty stores galore.  Any suggestions?

6. Il Mostro
    Try DCX Store -- Culver City.

7. sofsof007

Quote:

Thanks!  Are you sure they're still in business?  I just called on my cell, my landline, and through GV -- "Your call did not go through..." etc.  Plus - the last Yelp review is from a year ago.  Looks like a great place, based on the reviews...

I wouldn't even mind going to LBC or OC, if I were able to touch, feel, look and compare. (I live in the South Bay area.)

8. Freefallr4545
    Ok, I didn't have the desire to read the small 3 pages of this thread, so Here's my 2 bits. I am a side sleeper big time and, fall asleep every evening (or morning) with my IEMS. I have found that the Westones are the most comfortable Iems I have tried. Depending on the type of music you like and details you require there are a wide variety that will suit you. Now, I have recently purchased the GR07's, and these are extremely comfortable also, and I have been sold on Dynamic Drivers as a result. Best Wishes and Happy Dreams

9. Il Mostro

Quote:

You missed them by a month...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/570341/dxc-store-in-culver-city-ca-will-be-closed

10. lee730

Quote:

lol when I mean dynamic driver I am talking about what the IE7 IEM is. Its a dynamic driver while the Shure SE535 would be a BA (balanced armature) driver. Dynamic drivers scale better in general and can cover all the frequency range while a BA driver has a hard time doing this and usually requires more than one in order to fine tune them to a certain frequency which allows them to compete with dynamics, even out do them according to the custom IEMs.

11. nikp
    Updating my experience with some of the IEMs that I have - My Shure SE425 is much more comfortable than W4 especially when it comes to sleeping on your side.

12. sofsof007

Quote:
    Thanks, Lee, got it and I did Google it after you mentioned it. [​IMG]

Quote:

Thanks, nikp, good to know.  In the process of deciding what to get.

13. wysinawyg
    Consider the ECCI PR401... they're one of the lowest-profile IEMs I've seen. I do fall asleep with them (I'm a side-sleeper too) quite a bit since receiving them and they are VERY comfortable. Especially since they work best on shallow insertion - I find deep insertion IEMs disconcerting. Read about it in joker's super IEM thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-199-iems-compared-fischer-audio-tandem-hisoundaudio-crystal-added-10-05-11

Very good sound quality too and only 75 bucks.

14. navmau
    I second the suggestion for the Yuin PK3. They have great sound quality and the earbud design means you wont block out your surroundings. I use the PK3 when im at my computer and dont want to block out all noise. They sound fantastic!

15. kingpintps
    +1 for the q-JAYS as well...I slept with them for over 2 years and they never let me down! 

First

Back
1 2
Next

Last