<$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's
Nov 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #16 of 19
If you dare to mod some to save yourself some money I'd vote for the M-Stage,
Purrin has some posts about modding it to an in his (insightful) opinion $700 worth amp.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #17 of 19
^ Also... if he considers an M-Stage, Matrix Electronics also has a separate DAC to go with the amp (not the crummy DAC that's added onto the M-Stage USB version). That goes for around $300, so if he gets the Matrix M-Stage amp for roughly $300, and the separate Matrix M-Stage DAC (again, not the one that's included in the M-Stage USB), for $300, that would round out his $700 budget quite nicely.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
^ Also... if he considers an M-Stage, Matrix Electronics also has a separate DAC to go with the amp (not the crummy DAC that's added onto the M-Stage USB version). That goes for around $300, so if he gets the Matrix M-Stage amp for roughly $300, and the separate Matrix M-Stage DAC (again, not the one that's included in the M-Stage USB), for $300, that would round out his $700 budget quite nicely.

That DAC is not nearly as popular as their amp though, many rivals on this forum that are recommended way more.
(I'm not judging or saying they aren't any good for their money, as I haven't heard it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back