1964 Ears
Oct 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #4,366 of 7,417
Yeah I did, but now I have to wait until the weekend's over before I get a reply. :frowning2:

I'm pretty sure I labelled the invoice number on the box containing the ear impressions. Hopefully, they just forgot to send me an email, and I'll have them two weeks earlier than expected 
atsmile.gif
. Unlikely though..

Oct 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #4,367 of 7,417
What kind of sound signature does the obsidian have compared to their stock? I'm debating if I should take the $32 discount and spend that on an upgrade but not sure if it's worth it considering the V6 stage is awesome enough as it is.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4,368 of 7,417
this cable has a good performance on the mid and low, which can make

the sound of v6-stage more powerful. Also this cable is very soft, and got a bigger soundstage compare to the original cable.

but I'm not sure that whether the producer can send the cable to the foreign country...

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #4,370 of 7,417
Oohh
Ooh they look pretty...any impressions sound wise?

PM'd ya :)

The Quads are pretty much what everyone around here says they are; simply fantastic. The lows are very nice and dig deep with great impact -- very different from any of my previous IEMs which were analytical (RE0, im716, CK10). I don't mean to say that they lack highs or that the lows cover everything, but the quads certainly have a somewhat darker presentation than the others. It took me a while to get used to them since I thought the mids were lost; but as it turns out, it's not the mids that were lost but rather I was NOW actually hearing all of the lows. All of the detail is still there and I can actually hear more texture and color of timbre than any of the other IEMs I've had. I cannot honestly say that these are a "night and day" difference in SQ (compared CK10) nor in isolation (compared to the im716). However, I CAN say that I enjoy the music a bit more now. Great in-ears and the team at 1964 are all VERY nice to speak with, and patient to answer questions and requests. Highly recommended, for sure.

*I did however find one visible flaw from the factory. Underneath the logo of the LEFT monitor, there are "scratches" or long "cracks" that appear to be beneath the logo and finish. They are somewhat inconspicuous since the monitor is purple and since it seems to be beneath the logo...but it IS there. I decided to keep it rather than send it back in just for something that small. I think they let this one "pass" the quality check since my ears were ordered with about 16 OTHER sets for my church, and 1964ears was on a time-crunch deadline. In other words, I don't think this is something they would usually approve without fixing/replacing. No bubbles or other defects that I can find.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #4,374 of 7,417
The V6 Stage isn't a bass heavy ciem. The bass quality is good however the quantity may not be enough for some people.

On another note I ordered a custom cable from CustomArt and it arrived today and it looks real nice. My v6 Stage has has recessed pins so it was near impossible to remove probably since the pin connector from the cable side is very small. I'll have to think twice if I get another custom from 1964 Ears and just do flush next time.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #4,375 of 7,417
Yep. If u want more bass then wait for the V8. Should be released by end of this year with quad drivers at the lows.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4,379 of 7,417
Wait the
Wait theres a v8 coming *suddenly excited shiny eyes face* ?!

Yes, supposed to have more significant difference in the sub lows and lows compared to the V6S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back