1964 Ears
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #166 of 7,417
Where does it say that theres no significant difference in sound between the duals and triples?

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #167 of 7,417

Quote:
Where does it say that theres no significant difference in sound between the duals and triples?

In emails directly to 1964. Want a staff member to confirm? Plus use your brain (No Offense). The T-model is built especially for live/on-stage performers with the same drivers and configuration as the dual but with increased headroom. The triple isn't a 3-way crossover like the quad so essentially nothing changes but the extra low driver. And as everyone knows more low-end drivers does not equal improved bass response i.e the UM mage.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #168 of 7,417
 whats the purpose for trip's then if they sound the same.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #169 of 7,417

Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

Sounds like only a performer can answer the question.  Makes no sense to me either.  I want full rich sound - don't I - That would mean triples, right???

Here is what the website says:  
What is the major difference between the single, dual and triple driver monitors?
It comes down to 2 things; headroom and frequency response. The single drivers are better suited for classical and jazz, while the duals are tailored for vocalists and rock-guitar players. The triples are well suited for drummers, bass players and any other application requiring full, rich sound 

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #170 of 7,417

Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

... they don't sound the same. they sound similar but the triples have more headroom for musicians/performers.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #171 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

Sounds like only a performer can answer the question.  Makes no sense to me either.  I want full rich sound - don't I - That would mean triples, right???

Here is what the website says:  
What is the major difference between the single, dual and triple driver monitors?
It comes down to 2 things; headroom and frequency response. The single drivers are better suited for classical and jazz, while the duals are tailored for vocalists and rock-guitar players. The triples are well suited for drummers, bass players and any other application requiring full, rich sound 

You're wrong. Full-rich sound = the Quad.
If you want sennheiser IE8 soundstage and dynamic driver fullness then go with the quads.

Just because the website says that doesn't mean it's accurate.
Don't forget that on sleek audio website they claim the ct6 is the "best" and alien ears claim that their c3 are superior.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #172 of 7,417
Please don't start fighting guys. Just look at Post #58 here. I think it gives the most detailed answer regarding differences between the dual and triples.
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #173 of 7,417

Quote:
Please don't start fighting guys. Just look at Post #58 here. I think it gives the most detailed answer regarding differences between the dual and triples.
beerchug.gif

We're not really fighting =]
I'm just trying to clarify for the people interested but too lazy to send 1964 an email.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #174 of 7,417

I read post 58 and all is clear. Thanks. Looks like the quads are what i'm looking for. Soundstage and dynamics says it all in your previous post.
Quote:
Quote:
beerchug.gif

I'm just trying to clarify for the people interested but too lazy to send 1964 an email.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #175 of 7,417

Quote:
I read post 58 and all is clear. Thanks. Looks like the quads are what i'm looking for. Soundstage and dynamics says it all in your previous post.
Quote:
Quote:
beerchug.gif

Yep and pretty soon good ol' eric will have a review for those interested.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #176 of 7,417

Em3 pros have been canceled, I'm buying the LCD-2 and the money saved from canceling the Em3's will get me these :), now for the review wait. The suspense is killing me lol. Thanks again.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
beerchug.gif

Yep and pretty soon good ol' eric will have a review for those interested.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #177 of 7,417
And in case anyone is wondering on the color options. They currently don't offer swirling colors and combos like the blacklight orange from JH audio but  any specific color choices are free of charge such as the "white-tipped" crimson/purple which admittedly is very appealing.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #178 of 7,417
Well, the process will start soon on mine I'm sure. So the wait will probably be shorter than it seems. Oh, if I didn't say, I went for the carbon black face on a translucent black shell.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #179 of 7,417
Now that I see the quads are comparable to UE/JH11's I wonder if I would like the quads... the 11's have more bass I know but since their is a cross over the frequencies will only extend very low when they're received that signal? yes? so it will just be a nice low end extension on a kick drum but not affecting guitar and stuff?

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #180 of 7,417

Quote:
Now that I see the quads are comparable to UE/JH11's I wonder if I would like the quads... the 11's have more bass I know but since their is a cross over the frequencies will only extend very low when they're received that signal? yes? so it will just be a nice low end extension on a kick drum but not affecting guitar and stuff?

Do you know of any custom iem that has sub-bass blasting when a soprano sings solo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back