1964 Ears
Nov 18, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #196 of 7,417

Quote:
Before you do that can you mail all your gear to me then? :)

eric, just out of curiosity you still have your SM3 and HJE900 to compare the quads to on sound signature level correct?

That's correct @ rawrster, and the FX700 too. And SM2. Won't even try to compare the DDM, because I'm sure custom will have more clarity..

But shouldn't I just compare armatures to armatures, or should I mix in the dynamics? Oh, I have the C3 too.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #197 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Before you do that can you mail all your gear to me then? :)

eric, just out of curiosity you still have your SM3 and HJE900 to compare the quads to on sound signature level correct?

That's correct @ rawrster, and the FX700 too. And SM2. Won't even try to compare the DDM, because I'm sure custom will have more clarity..

But shouldn't I just compare armatures to armatures, or should I mix in the dynamics? Oh, I have the C3 too.

I think it's still nice to compare them. Just make note that the two mediums have certain characteristic differences, list a couple and give examples, and go from there. After all, for people who have tried both the differences are clear. But for those who haven't, I think it would be a very nice touch.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #198 of 7,417
Well I'm more interested in sound signature than anything else. Also the HJE900 is the only earphone you currently own that I have as well so it makes a better comparison for myself.

I do understand your thinking of your soon to be custom comparing to only BA earphones. In my experience as universals BA and dynamics sound very different in many ways such as timbre, bass and speed as the main differences. However the customs that I do have has good timbre as well as an aspect in a dynamic I have not heard in any non dynamic earphone with the exception of the e-Q7 which is a moving armature. That aspect is the low bass rumble which gives me the suspicion that customs can move more air than BA based universal and just as much as dynamics. I think comparing to both will be helpful to those who have heard only the dynamics you have.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #199 of 7,417
Hi all, I've been travelling (and away from HeadFi) for several weeks, but I'm back temporarily and I just saw this thread. I apologize but I haven't read all 13 pages yet. Just wanted to say that I actually discovered this company a few months ago, ordered the triple driver model (the quads were still in developement back then), and received it a few weeks ago. The company is excellent to deal with; top notch service and communication. The product itself is quite nice as well. I got translucent black with the carbon fiber insert, and it looks stunning. I'll post a few pics but I apologize because they are from another upcoming review so I didn't focus on these particular IEMs.

I'll be reviewing them in detail when I get time, but my initial impressions are very good. When they arrived I had been using the 6 driver Unique Melody Miracle exclusively for 2 weeks, so of course these triple driver 1964's were a bit of a downgrade. But they are still very solid performers in all aspects. The sound signature reminds me of the Kenwood KH-K1000 (which is one of my favorite headphones at any price): generous in the bass region, healthy lush mids, slightly cool and smooth top end. Sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of sound.

A short while after receiving them, I took off on vacation, then got really sick. I ended up with an ear infection that caused my right eardrum to rupture. Long, sad story short: I'm completely deaf in my right ear for a while, so I can't listen to anything until it clears up. I'll post my UM Miracle review in the next few days, followed by a review of the Anedio D1 DAC, then finally the 1964T customs, but I need my hearing back before I can finish that. So it could be a while but I will let you know.

Now for the pics, again sorry for the quality:

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #200 of 7,417
That;s unfortunate. I hope you get better soon. Just out of curiosity but would you say the triples would be good to go along side your livewire trips to complement each other or would they be too similar than different

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #201 of 7,417
Very impressed. Hopefully the duals are not quite different from these.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #202 of 7,417
Hey project86,

Sorry to hear about your ears.  And you have 3 shiny customs to boot.   I hope you get better soon.

Just wanted to thank you for your quick impression about the Triples being a jack of all trades comment.  That has given me a better foundation to work from on deciding my own.  Now if I just need to read ericP's and maybe another's and I'll be able to make a decision.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #203 of 7,417
Yes @ project86, first, sorry to read about your misfortune with your ear. I hope you heal real fast so that you can enjoy those wonderful IEMs you have.

Secondly, thank you for our first peek into the sound of the 1964ears. If all goes as planned, I should have the quads the week after Thanksgiving. I ordered the same colors as  you by the way, except I'm seeking some art on my faceplate. We'll see how that works out. Your IEM by 1969ears looks great!! Can't wait to see mine.

How is the clarity and transparency in the triples? Again, thanks for your initial impressions.
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #204 of 7,417
This is just an apology to Rawrster for my previous comment and Anaxilus as well.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #205 of 7,417
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #208 of 7,417
Just a heads up to everyone...
Due to the holidays and a high volume of orders currently being processed, orders placed between Nov 22nd and Dec 28th, will not begin shipping until Jan 1st, 2011. We will, however, continue providing customer support and receiving orders during that time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Please feel free to email us with any questions!

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #209 of 7,417

Quote:
Due to the holidays and a high volume of orders currently being processed, orders placed between Nov 22nd and Dec 28th, will not begin shipping until Jan 1st, 2011. We will, however, continue providing customer support and receiving orders during that time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Please feel free to email us with any questions!

Let us know when there are some reviews of your products!

A good review or two will mean an even higher volume of orders for you!

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #210 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Let us know when there are some reviews of your products!

A good review or two will mean an even higher volume of orders for you!

+1 I'm totally interested in these now..can't wait for some reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back