1964 Ears
Nov 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #136 of 7,417
I stopped in at their shop today. Vitaliy is a very nice guy. No one should worry about customer service. They started the business to help out the local starving musicians and not to make a fortune. The business has grown to this next step and hopefully it will be successful. And Eric, your impressions didn't drive yet. I asked since I'm eagerly awaiting your review :wink:

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #137 of 7,417
It's pretty neat that this company has just popped up. I'm looking forward to The Review from Ericp10. Maybe I'll get a pair instead of whatever else I was thinking of getting.

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #138 of 7,417
duals or triples for me. I'll go with the duals if they match my needs

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #139 of 7,417
I was talking to Vitalily about dual vs triples and he said that the triples have the extra bass driver for more headroom for live users and just for listeners he reccomends the duals. I'm getting the duals most likely. Assuming my ghost of a damn audiologist calls me back soon!

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #140 of 7,417

Quote:
I was talking to Vitalily about dual vs triples and he said that the triples have the extra bass driver for more headroom for live users and just for listeners he reccomends the duals. I'm getting the duals most likely. Assuming my ghost of a damn audiologist calls me back soon!

I have to say, myself and a few others have had generally more favorable impressions of dual driver BA's than trips but thats been w/ respect to universals.  I've read that duals are just better able to manage a more coherent sound whereas trips will require more attention in their tuning to sound right.  

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #141 of 7,417
I wonder about that with customs as well. The customs I do own is a triple driver and dual bore and is more coherent than any other multi BA I've heard although I didn't compare them. I'm guessing as long as they are implemented well it should be fine but that's easier said than done. I know more doesn't mean better but I'm not really looking at their dual. If I want a dual I'll probably go for the JH5.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #142 of 7,417

Quote:
I wonder about that with customs as well. The customs I do own is a triple driver and dual bore and is more coherent than any other multi BA I've heard although I didn't compare them. I'm guessing as long as they are implemented well it should be fine but that's easier said than done. I know more doesn't mean better but I'm not really looking at their dual. If I want a dual I'll probably go for the JH5.

Yeah, to date I haven't kept a single universal triple driver.  Just something about how my ears work (or don't) I guess.  That's one of the attractions of the active Xover in the JH3A for me.  If 1964 had something like the ES5 w/ 2 highs, 2 mids and that single monster low I'd be all over it for around $600.  For now its the ever present debate between ES5 and JH3A.  Not to mention the LCD2.  

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #143 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

I have to say, myself and a few others have had generally more favorable impressions of dual driver BA's than trips but thats been w/ respect to universals.  I've read that duals are just better able to manage a more coherent sound whereas trips will require more attention in their tuning to sound right.  

I have heard the same thing about anything with more than dual drivers. However...I know it can be done. JH13 being the perfect example.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #144 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, to date I haven't kept a single universal triple driver.  Just something about how my ears work (or don't) I guess.  That's one of the attractions of the active Xover in the JH3A for me.  If 1964 had something like the ES5 w/ 2 highs, 2 mids and that single monster low I'd be all over it for around $600.  For now its the ever present debate between ES5 and JH3A.  Not to mention the LCD2.  

I know exactly how you feel. There hasn't been a triple driver that has impressed me really. Although I definitely get the coherency problem. As someone who prefers BA driver based earphones I own a grand total of none of them at least when talking universals.

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #145 of 7,417

Quote:
I stopped in at their shop today. Vitaliy is a very nice guy. No one should worry about customer service. They started the business to help out the local starving musicians and not to make a fortune. The business has grown to this next step and hopefully it will be successful. And Eric, your impressions didn't drive yet. I asked since I'm eagerly awaiting your review
wink.gif

Thanks @ Painful. Well, they will probably see it on Tuesday since my tracking showed it was at a Portland post office on Monday.

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #146 of 7,417
Actually, it's showing it was delivered, but there's an extra name or Initial on the box (can't remember), so maybe Vitaliy hasn't recognized it's from me, or it will get there today.

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #147 of 7,417

Quote:

Thanks :) I'm going to be going for the duals then if that's the only difference.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #148 of 7,417
So, they did receive my
beerchug.gif
impressions yesterday, so we are very close people. Probably another two weeks or so.

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #149 of 7,417
I just hope the sales are still on by the time I've made up my mind!

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #150 of 7,417
^ We will pressure them to extend the sale while we await for the first impressions. They are a relatively a new company, so good first impressions will always last. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back