1964 Ears
Dec 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #4,472 of 7,417
So guys ive had my 1964 quads for 5 months and love them also have a pair of denon d2000s...love my bass haha

I now want to buy a portable headphone amp no budget limit and not fiio looking for higher end. Whats amps would you reccomend for my iems and headphones looking for great synergy...plz help also do you think me upgrading the cable on the quads to something like btg or toxic will improve sound quality aswell apart frm durability. 

Thanks in advance.....

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #4,473 of 7,417
oooh also im currently using my htc one as my DAP was wondering what DApP go well with the quads...ready to invest in an entire portable rig now....
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #4,474 of 7,417
After reading through several pages of this thread I have decided to go with 1964 for my first pair of CIEMs. I'm leaning towards the 1964-V3. I am a drummer, and I am also new to the world of IEMs. I was wondering what everyone thought of getting the Recessed sockets because I saw somewhere that it would make the IEMs less prone to moisture and damage. Is it worth the $25 cost?

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #4,475 of 7,417
i personally didnt bother with them as i dnt think they justify the cost, also if u want a custom cable in the future and its too wide for the recessed sockets a problem. Pros and cons both listed make ur desicion wisely lol

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #4,477 of 7,417
  I'm struggling between V6 and V6S.........
The Stage seems to be more low and mid focus, is that true?
If I like a more balanced sounding, should I get the V6 instead of the Stage?

The normal V6 is more balanced than the V6S

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4,479 of 7,417
SOUNDSTAGE

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #4,480 of 7,417
  After reading through several pages of this thread I have decided to go with 1964 for my first pair of CIEMs. I'm leaning towards the 1964-V3. I am a drummer, and I am also new to the world of IEMs. I was wondering what everyone thought of getting the Recessed sockets because I saw somewhere that it would make the IEMs less prone to moisture and damage. Is it worth the $25 cost?

hi voldak,
i own my v3's for around 10 months now.
i really love them , picked the red color very "common"
if i had the chance i would definitely pick the recessed sockets.
the pins bend very easily which means if you happen to put pressure on the plug the pins bend slightly and overtime due to steel fatigue the pins will certainly break.
i have read ( on this thread) that if that happens all that you have to do is ship your iem's back they will remove the pins free of charge considering you need new cables they do cost 40$.
but shipping from Holland to the states cost me 30 bucks alone. :S

My v3's also happen to crack. i don't really know why. but i had to ship them back. they mailed me back and said it doesn't fall under warranty and they had to charge me 25$ to fill the crack or 150$ to completely reshell the left ear. off course i chose the cheaper option and they (according to visual perception) cut off a part of the shell and refilled it with acrylic.
If anyone want to see some pics i can post them.(currently to lazy)

but they didn't charge me for shipping back the the netherlands which is already more then 25 $.

thus far very pleased which my v3 and the customer service which always had been very good.
they are a tad unresponsive through mail i always called them with a voip program. ( since my provider charge crapload to calls overseas
this sums up my experience with 1964. any questions left feel free to ask / pm me.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #4,481 of 7,417
right now i'm using my ipod as dac considering buying a amp+dac combo for my setup. any recommendations?
currently eyeballing for a c5d.
does anyone have paired a diem with a afthermarket cable? is it worth it?

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #4,482 of 7,417
How would you describe the sound with the V3s? I've read great reviews, but i'm not sure if I should save up for the Quads or go with the V3s.

Also, I'm also assuming that the recessed socket makes it to where that it's harder for the cable connection to move on the earpiece end? (sorry for the lack of correct terminology)

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #4,485 of 7,417
  How would you describe the sound with the V3s? I've read great reviews, but i'm not sure if I should save up for the Quads or go with the V3s.

Also, I'm also assuming that the recessed socket makes it to where that it's harder for the cable connection to move on the earpiece end? (sorry for the lack of correct terminology)

Recessed sockets are where the pins on the monitor side are not flush with the monitor but rather a bit inside. There's a picture here for a better idea: http://www.head-fi.org/t/546734/recessed-sockets-vs-non-recessed-sockets

I can't wait to get my pair of V6-S next month! Very excited! Anyone have any suggestions about what to pair them with? Thinking the DX100 as a solo unit, or perhaps the V-moda Vamp Verza along with the ipod touch 6th gen.

I've had great results with  my Fiio X3 although I'm planning on upgrading soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back