1964 Ears
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #2,926 of 7,417

Quote:
My Quads just returned from re-fit today. I'm very glad that I sent them back because I can tell there's a difference between then and now. I always wondered why they were a bit treble heavy. Now they don't wiggle in my ears and there's more body to the music and the bass hits harder. I remember someone recently asking about the Quads and wondering if they would be too bass heavy for him or her. I can tell you now that their bass is definitely not "too much" or "bloated" or "boomy" but quite true to the recording. 

My HE-500 will be sitting in the bench for a while 

EXACTLY my experience with the refit.  After having the refit done, I feel like such a dipstick for not being sure, and waiting 6 months to do it (6 months listening to iems for me is probably about a month's worth or less for most folks - I only use them once a week or so).

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #2,927 of 7,417
RE: Leckerton vs Pico slim.  I have both and don't get to use my Quads much because when I get a chance to listen I usually use the home rig (Audio GD > LCD-2s).  I usually use the Quads with a iPhone 4s and a pico w/LOD.  

My question is has any tried the Quads with the Leckerton UHA-6S?  Right now I am listening out of my MacBook Pro via toslink > UHA-6S > Quads and I am even tempted to to put on my home rig.  The sound on the Quads is simply outstanding.  When using the iPhone I prefer the pico but when I can use the DAC in the Leckerton I prefer the UHA-6S.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #2,928 of 7,417
I've had the Quads for eight months now and they've been awesome.. but I realized they need a very slight refit (on both the Quads & a more recently reshelled DBA) to get better isolation & deeper, better quality bass.. sure enough, 1964Ears was kind enough to take care of it for practically nothing.. turn around time from me mailing the IEMs to getting them back today was about a week and a half!  They nailed the refit too and I'm enjoying both phones even more.
So, I wanted to give Vitaly, Anastasia, and everyone else at 1964Ears three 
beerchug.gif
 for their (continued) fantastically awesome customer service and handy work.

The UM Miracles haven't arrived yet, but I'm already looking forward to the V6.. I need a doctor!

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #2,930 of 7,417
Been keeping my eye on this thread but can't remember if anyone has mentioned getting custom sleeves done by 1964. Thinking of getting some for my universals and wondering what I should be looking for quality wise?

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #2,931 of 7,417
If my memory serves me well, Kunlun had a pair of sleeves made for his Turbine Pro Coppers a (pretty long) while back. But don't take my word for it, I might mix up on who made what.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Been keeping my eye on this thread but can't remember if anyone has mentioned getting custom sleeves done by 1964. Thinking of getting some for my universals and wondering what I should be looking for quality wise?

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #2,932 of 7,417
If my memory serves me well, Kunlun had a pair of sleeves made for his Turbine Pro Coppers a (pretty long) while back. But don't take my word for it, I might mix up on who made what.:beerchug:

Yes, that was me. 1964 remade them three times, each one better than the last in design and the last time had a better kind of silicone. That one spilt and I opted for a refund. I would say that the customer service was very good and that what you will get now will probably be quite good as they were working out the build quality issues at the time.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #2,933 of 7,417
Thanks for the info. but that doesn't instill confidence in the sleeves! LOL!

I love my thinksound ts02's but I think I have tiny ear cavities or something. Could be that I need a bi-flange tip, but regardless can't find any for the 5mm nozzle. Thinking I may give the ProGuard EarPortz a try, they say they'll fit small and large nozzles....sorry not purposely trying to derail the 1994 thread.

Heck should just pull the trigger on a full custom!
cool.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2,934 of 7,417
I just spent some time with my quads - I don't listen to them all that often, my headphones get more use, since most of listening requires me to quickly answer the phone or family, or boss...  The quads sure are a nice iem - I really like the sound signature - just a step to the warm side and non fatiguing, still with excellent detail.  3 cheers, again!  Yeah, call me a fanboy...

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #2,937 of 7,417
I'm having one of those "aha!!" moments listening to Prince's "Uptown" with the 1964-Q being fed through the Fiio E10/E9 combo. Whoa!!! Sometimes I forget how powerful this Quad can be... Clairty and 3-D imaging just spot on!! Hurry with the V6 good people at 1964 EARS!!! Please.....

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #2,938 of 7,417
R.I.P. Ralph McDonald (pay attention to the percussionist starting at about 5:30 of this video). One of the greatest session percussionists ever!!

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #2,939 of 7,417
Boy, there is definite benefit ordering custom iem locally (at least within the country you are from). I ordered 1964Q recently not expecting to receive the iem at least until early next month but I just received the email notifying me that they have already shipped my custom iem. I will be able to use my iem sometime early next week. I am still waiting for my other custom iems that I ordered couple months ago but it was one of those group buy thing which I know it was going to be long time before I see the products in my hand. With 1964Q, my custom iems saga should be good to go for a very long time. It should cover all my interest in custom iem sound preference.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #2,940 of 7,417
Yep I bough my quads and I live in Seattle area and it was very nice being so close.  It makes things nice :)  The quads are very nice customs though for me they are my first ones ever and I am very content with them lol.

Merry christmas everyone!

tink97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back