1964 Ears
Nov 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #241 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
since when is $400 affordable lol

Skewed values.  It's like how I saw a CD for $10 and didn't buy it because I knew I could get it for 8 but then don't haggle over a new pair of headphones.  And comparatively $400 isn't too bad for a decent custom. I would love to see a comparison between the 1964 T and the JH5 though.

Skewed values indeed. However it's better than when I was buying a set of universals every couple of weeks. My spending has gone down (on earphones at least) since I got my customs with the exception of buying stuff with the intention of selling them down the road.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #242 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Skewed values.  It's like how I saw a CD for $10 and didn't buy it because I knew I could get it for 8 but then don't haggle over a new pair of headphones.  And comparatively $400 isn't too bad for a decent custom. I would love to see a comparison between the 1964 T and the JH5 though.

Skewed values indeed. However it's better than when I was buying a set of universals every couple of weeks. My spending has gone down (on earphones at least) since I got my customs with the exception of buying stuff with the intention of selling them down the road.

I chuckled at the "buying a set of universal" ever couple of weeks. I am kind of going through that stage. I think I am suffering from the "collectis" symdrome instead of the upgradetis.
redface.gif

Interestingly enough that, that stage is the only reason why I haven't drop my money into a pair of customs yet. I don't exactly want to lose my enthusiasm for universals yet.

Talk about money-burning to the max. My wallet is probably crying to itself every night at the rate I am going.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #243 of 7,417

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I chuckled at the "buying a set of universal" ever couple of weeks. I am kind of going through that stage. I think I am suffering from the "collectis" symdrome instead of the upgradetis.
redface.gif

Interestingly enough that, that stage is the only reason why I haven't drop my money into a pair of customs yet. I don't exactly want to lose my enthusiasm for universals yet.

Talk about money-burning to the max. My wallet is probably crying to itself every night at the rate I am going.

xD Well look on the bright side, at least you'll be able to sell any you don't like as opposed to customs.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #244 of 7,417
Well ladies and gentlemen, I just got an email update that my quads will be going out no later than Thursday. So I should have them Friday or Monday. We're very close to initial first impressions and full on review here and on some other websites.
darthsmile.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #245 of 7,417
Well ladies and gentlemen, I just got an email update that my quads will be going out no later than Thursday. So I should have them Friday or Monday. We're very close to initial first impressions and full on review here and on some other websites.
darthsmile.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #246 of 7,417

Quote:
darthsmile.gif

I have never been so impatient for someone else's mail to be delivered in my life.

Looking forward to your reviews 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #247 of 7,417

Quote:
darthsmile.gif

Cant wait! It's a split decision between getting their quads, or going to UM for their TF10+1 customs. my only concern on the TF10+1 is the highly energetic mid-high response; I plan to use these for hours at a time, not sure if the 3K hump and 7K peak will make them fatiguing

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #248 of 7,417

Quote:
Cant wait! It's a split decision between getting their quads, or going to UM for their TF10+1 customs. my only concern on the TF10+1 is the highly energetic mid-high response; I plan to use these for hours at a time, not sure if the 3K hump and 7K peak will make them fatiguing

Has anyone actually kept their TF10 creations?  I've seen quite a few TF18/TF10+ abominations end up in FS frequently.  I really wonder about the wisdom of taking a tuned set of drivers and Xovers and adding your own extra sets and relying on a third party to build and tune them.  Am I just being a fuddy duddy?  
blink.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #249 of 7,417
Eric, I guess it's a good thing you got a set from them early before they started getting a massive list of orders. Your weekend should be spent posting impressions of the quads :p I hope it's as good as you have hoped it is. Of course I'd hold out on a review for a while but you should know that so I look forward to your impressions :)

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #252 of 7,417

Oh, you are that and more @ Anaxilus!! lol 
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Quote:

Has anyone actually kept their TF10 creations?  I've seen quite a few TF18/TF10+ abominations end up in FS frequently.  I really wonder about the wisdom of taking a tuned set of drivers and Xovers and adding your own extra sets and relying on a third party to build and tune them.  Am I just being a fuddy duddy?  
blink.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #253 of 7,417

Quote:
blink.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #255 of 7,417

Quote:
Has anyone actually kept their TF10 creations?  I've seen quite a few TF18/TF10+ abominations end up in FS frequently.

I really wonder about the wisdom of taking a tuned set of drivers and Xovers and adding your own extra sets and relying on a third party to build and tune them.  

Finally...some wisdom strikes this thread...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back