1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #5,836 of 9,124

Yeah but the modules now aren't all that hard to swap out...me and a friend switch modules easy.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #5,837 of 9,124
Well Alex says there is a different material used - so I'm assuming there is still a membrane.

I just want to know what "takes this to the next level"- or if this is smoke and mirrors stuff.  I also don't particularly like the idea of inferring this is better without actually seeing why.  To me that is an empty claim without some more information.

Agreed, excellent point my friend.

Canyon Runner Interesting how 64 ears has this new technology. You seem like a good guy, I hope it all works out for you and your company, the original creators of the real Adel tech.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #5,838 of 9,124
(edited U-Series description for clarity)

@Brooko @Khragon I'll be posting additional details about the apex module soon. I just wanted to make sure it was clear the apex module is part of the pressure relief technology in case people haven't seen the description on the site yet. 

@John2e Isabella was correct, the U-Series will be updated to the apex port design like the A-Series.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jul 28, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #5,839 of 9,124
I hope the new Apex model bodes well for the A12. I was just reading pages and pages of comparisons yesterday between the Kaiser K10 and the A12 with Adel and the Spiral Ears 5 way. I decided on the A12 because of it's sound signature, sub bass texture/layering and more importantly soundstage, imaging, and airiness, which many of the reviewers attributed to the Adel modules. 

After this Apex and Tia business and lack of backwards compatibility for the Adel modules I am very hesitant about the A12 moving forward as many reviews basically no longer apply.

Side note, with the U12 fitting both modules I wonder if the U12 now becomes a better purchase than the A12.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #5,840 of 9,124
Well I sure wish I put my A12 order in last month like I nearly did. Now I will be putting these plans on hold for the next 6 months to see how this plays out.

It makes absolutely zero sense to make the A series port different from here on out and make them incompatible with Adel modules. Wouldn't it be better for the consumer to be able to use any module they want? Adel... Apex... whatever the next one might be. Not being able to use the MAM with the new A series is a pretty big deal breaker.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Asius partner with another big IEM manufacturer like Ultimate Ears.e

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #5,841 of 9,124
  I hope the new Apex model bodes well for the A12. I was just reading pages and pages of comparisons yesterday between the Kaiser K10 and the A12 with Adel and the Spiral Ears 5 way. I decided on the A12 because of it's sound signature, sub bass texture/layering and more importantly soundstage, imaging, and airiness, which many of the reviewers attributed to the Adel modules. 

After this Apex and Tia business and lack of backwards compatibility for the Adel modules I am very hesitant about the A12 moving forward as many reviews basically no longer apply.

Side note, with the U12 fitting both modules I wonder if the U12 now becomes a better purchase than the A12.

Apex technology will work with both the A and U series.  Adel and Apex technology will work with all orders prior to today.  Orders placed today will only work with Apex technology and not Adel.  

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #5,842 of 9,124

Apex technology will work with both the A and U series.  Adel and Apex technology will work with all orders prior to today.  Orders placed today will only work with Apex technology and not Adel.  

Ah I see. the change is being made for both U as well as A series. That is a shame. I hope changing the iem to not support the Adel modules anymore isnt just to lock us out of being able to purchase (now)3rd party modules and force us to buy from 64, like what Sony does with their proprietary 3.5mm headphone jacks.

the A12 sounded like a perfect iem and i hope that doesnt change *crosses fingers*

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #5,843 of 9,124
  (edited U-Series description for clarity)

@Brooko @Khragon I'll be posting additional details about the apex module soon. I just wanted to make sure it was clear the apex module is part of the pressure relief technology in case people haven't seen the description on the site yet. 

Thanks Alex - look forward to the update.

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #5,845 of 9,124
  The question us current owners really need to ask is.  Will Asius continue to manufacture modules for current 1964 IEM owners?

Given what I know about Stephen and Steve, and their own commitment to customer care and service, I'd suggest highly likley.  And if they do partner with other manufacturers over time, it would be a good business model to keep a universal size.

What I would question is why 64Audio want to break away from using the same universal size?  It would give customers more choice in the long run.  Given both companies excellence in servicing their customer base - it would seem the more logical solution.

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #5,846 of 9,124

Given what I know about Stephen and Steve, and their own commitment to customer care and service, I'd suggest highly likley.  And if they do partner with other manufacturers over time, it would be a good business model to keep a universal size.

What I would question is why 64Audio want to break away from using the same universal size?  It would give customers more choice in the long run.  Given both companies excellence in servicing their customer base - it would seem the more logical solution.

Agreed but, it doesn't sound like logic is being utilized in this break up 
triportsad.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #5,847 of 9,124

I hope that is the case, as I don't see this being a move in the best interest of customers, but rather 64 Audio.  I see this more as an attempt to lack themselves and customers with their version of Asius Technologies tech. If these were inexpensive products, I wouldn't mind. But for the prices we pay, I would hope to have some flexibility with my investment. There are many examples where having the flexibility to interchange components is a benefit to everyone. Biking comes to mind, where one can easily spend a lot on a descent bike, but is flexible to interchange/upgrade components to one's liking/needs.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #5,848 of 9,124
So if the newer A series only work with the new Apex module from now on, then what does Asius gonna do with all of their ADEL modules that they are selling? because these A series IEM won't fit them from now on?

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #5,849 of 9,124
First of all this is such an abrupt change in the state of affairs.

Speaking in my personal capacity as an A-series owner, I would want a clear set of policies on how existing A-series owners up to yesterday (sheesh) will be supported. E.g. what if a repair requires a reshell? What then?

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #5,850 of 9,124
I hope more details come out for the apex soon. I'm lucky that as an existing A12 user I can get modules from both Asius and 64. Potential new customers have to take note of the apex port incompatibility to ADEL modules. It sucks but for big purchases like this I'm sure many people take months to decide. I'm just glad I didn't wait for Black Friday this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back