1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 29, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #5,867 of 9,124
Just got notice from 64 Audio, my adel MAM is finally in stock and they'll be shipping it out to me :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #5,868 of 9,124
Just got notice from 64 Audio, my adel MAM is finally in stock and they'll be shipping it out to me
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought you can only buy the MAM from Asius?

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #5,869 of 9,124
Mine was from Kickstarter. 64 just received the latest batch from Asius, I believe.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #5,870 of 9,124
We will be continuing to support all of the ADEL customers by creating modules that will fit in any socket size that a manufactor wants to go with. This allows the users to use the modules they already know they like, with the customer service that you've come to expect from Asius Technologies.

So don't worry, you'll have options and won't feel like you're locked into buying modules from just one company due to a hole size. Other IEM manufactors across the industry are starting to factor in socket sizes for modules, so you'll be able to take your already purchased modules and use them in a new set of IEMs if the size is the same. If it isn't, then you'll be able to get a similar sounding module in that new sizing.

Hi Canyon - any update on when the G1 Auto Modules will be ready for despatch? Put in an order but not heard anything yet.....

Cheers

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #5,871 of 9,124
Questions we should be asking

1. How long were the Apex modules in development for and who tested the specs / long term durability

2. Are the Apex ports made with the precision as the Adel or are they a less expensive way to achieve similar results

3.Who manufacturers Apex

4.Is the Apex technology patented 1964 and Adel patented by someone else driving up the cost of each Adel module for 1964ears.

5. Will there be a sale for this brand new technology to entice consumers sitting on the fence to try it out.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #5,872 of 9,124
  Questions we should be asking

1. How long were the Apex modules in development for and who tested the specs / long term durability

2. Are the Apex ports made with the precision as the Adel or are they a less expensive way to achieve similar results

3.Who manufacturers Apex

4.Is the Apex technology patented 1964 and Adel patented by someone else driving up the cost of each Adel module for 1964ears.

5. Will there be a sale for this brand new technology to entice consumers sitting on the fence to try it out.

There's more questions than that. For me it feels pretty fishy that something that looks almost exactly like the ADEL tech and operates on the same principles came out, and somehow doesn't violate any of Asius's patents. It might not be, but this looks like classic reverse engineering and trying to modify enough to destroy the patent protection case. The move to remove backwards compatibility looks like trying to monopolize the technology by starving Asius of sales. I don't buy that the modification was necessary, this looks like salting the fields. This looks malicious.

I don't know what happened here, so I can't make any conclusions, but this looks really bad. HORRIBLE BAD. As a consumer, I'd be reluctant to buy any of the new APEX IEMs because there just looks to be too much uncertainty on whether the product will be supported in the future. I think a patent fight is imminent, and much less likely to be successful than 64Audio's last patent fight. I hate that this is happening.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #5,873 of 9,124
It is interesting given the timing of the MAM and the G1. It almost feels like a falling out of the relationship but they had a license agreement allowing them access to the technology. Hope not as it has looked like a symbiotic relationship.

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #5,875 of 9,124
I couldn't stop myself thinking toward this direction as well. And, this is quite obvious actually.
But I could understand that. I mean without ADEL, what can be put on that hole? A stone or cotton? No. It needs to be something exactly the same but not really the same. How to achieve it? reversing. How to not piss off purchased customers? again, something exactly the same but not really the same, which is compatible with old models. how the new tech should call? a name should be similar but generic, like applicable to anything. (the name "air pressure exchange" is applicable to anything basically. air jordon, pen or even mcdonald) but has nothing to be co-related with ADEL.

There's more questions than that. For me it feels pretty fishy that something that looks almost exactly like the ADEL tech and operates on the same principles came out, and somehow doesn't violate any of Asius's patents. It might not be, but this looks like classic reverse engineering and trying to modify enough to destroy the patent protection case. The move to remove backwards compatibility looks like trying to monopolize the technology by starving Asius of sales. I don't buy that the modification was necessary, this looks like salting the fields. This looks malicious.

I don't know what happened here, so I can't make any conclusions, but this looks really bad. HORRIBLE BAD. As a consumer, I'd be reluctant to buy any of the new APEX IEMs because there just looks to be too much uncertainty on whether the product will be supported in the future. I think a patent fight is imminent, and much less likely to be successful than 64Audio's last patent fight. I hate that this is happening.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #5,876 of 9,124
Adel has already joined another CIEM company on producing an upgraded Adel CIEM :p

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #5,877 of 9,124
Has anyone purchased the MAM from Asius website recently? Could you please post a picture or 2? The color of the MAM shown on their website seems to be gun-metal in color and it looks great.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #5,878 of 9,124
MAM update:

I wish I had seen these MAM instructions on the Asius website before I'd started using them! (MAMs do not ship with instructions).

I've been convinced my modules were made backwards. Turned fully forward (with the dial fully 'in') my MAMs sound extremely bassy, so I had assumed they were closed. Turns out they are full open, but the membrane is also tight, resulting in increased bass. So, according to the instructions, the least amount of bass can be achieved turning the modules halfway between open and closed.

I hope this helps anyone else that is confused!

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #5,879 of 9,124
Thanks Wildrbeest This info will prove very useful

Off topic;

Can anyone tell me the size of replacement tips for the 1964 U series.  I want to try a few different types but I am unable to determine the correct size?

Thanks

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,880 of 9,124
MAM update:

Thanks for sharing. To be fair when we placed our orders I don't think they had posted the instructions. These must have been added recently.

Mine were posted nearly two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting to receive them. I emailed Joe @ Asius asking for tracking soon after they were shipped, but he didn't reply. Hopefully they'll arrive this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back