1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 29, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #5,852 of 9,124
Jul 29, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #5,853 of 9,124
  I hope more details come out for the apex soon. I'm lucky that as an existing A12 user I can get modules from both Asius and 64. Potential new customers have to take note of the apex port incompatibility to ADEL modules. It sucks but for big purchases like this I'm sure many people take months to decide. I'm just glad I didn't wait for Black Friday this year.

I have been following this thread from the start and thought I might wait for Black Friday but I took advantage of one of the earlier sales and also purchased the A12's. They are back for the 2nd time being adjusted for fit. I would hope 64Audio honors existing owners compatibility with ADEL modules through any adjustments or warranty issues. One of the promises of the Adel modules was the ability to be able to switch them among other products in 64Audios line. This will no longer be the case.

In a sense I am glad I purchased them when I did. I just ordered the adjustable modules in case they aren't available in the future. I am betting this change will have negative effects for both companies. It's very disappointing to say the least.

I have no idea what the specifics of the "breakup" are, but I'm sure the likely legal battles won't be good for us as consumers as it could cause further changes to either companies products.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #5,854 of 9,124
The ADEL bubbles are alive and well, moving toward production at a quicker pace than ever due to tremendous interest and support from AC/DC's Brian Johnson, Paul Stanley of KISS and Mickey Hart & Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead.

As for the TIA, it appears remarkably similar to the Tubeless ADEL technology Asius that shared with 64 under a confidentiality agreement. 

Bubble technology as an adapter tip for U series, standalone iem or both?

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #5,856 of 9,124
Ultimately I think this means ADEL will most likely be the standard across the industry, a few companies like 64 will have their own versions but consumers will benefit most from purchasing ADEL compatable monitors due to the interchangeable modules. Consider you own an Empire Ears Zeus and a Spiral SE 5 Way ultimate that were both ADEL compatable, you coukd share ADEL modules between them-neither company currently uses ADEL or to my knowledge plans to-but we can hope!! Let's hope more companies jump on the ADEL bandwagon, it'll be better for everyone since the ADEL can be licensed to many companies whereas I highly doubt 64 would license their modules to others, based on their past actions.

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5,857 of 9,124
Ultimately I think this means ADEL will most likely be the standard across the industry, a few companies like 64 will have their own versions but consumers will benefit most from purchasing ADEL compatable monitors due to the interchangeable modules. Consider you own an Empire Ears Zeus and a Spiral SE 5 Way ultimate that were both ADEL compatable, you coukd share ADEL modules between them-neither company currently uses ADEL or to my knowledge plans to-but we can hope!! Let's hope more companies jump on the ADEL bandwagon, it'll be better for everyone since the ADEL can be licensed to many companies whereas I highly doubt 64 would license their modules to others, based on their past actions.

This makes it sound like ADEL could be the beginning of standardized mods that are plug and play across the board for the iem industry.

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #5,858 of 9,124
  So if the newer A series only work with the new Apex module from now on, then what does Asius gonna do with all of their ADEL modules that they are selling? because these A series IEM won't fit them from now on?

Asius already has preorders lined up for their own IEM on their website that can take modules it looks like.

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #5,860 of 9,124
We will be continuing to support all of the ADEL customers by creating modules that will fit in any socket size that a manufactor wants to go with. This allows the users to use the modules they already know they like, with the customer service that you've come to expect from Asius Technologies.

So don't worry, you'll have options and won't feel like you're locked into buying modules from just one company due to a hole size. Other IEM manufactors across the industry are starting to factor in socket sizes for modules, so you'll be able to take your already purchased modules and use them in a new set of IEMs if the size is the same. If it isn't, then you'll be able to get a similar sounding module in that new sizing.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #5,861 of 9,124
We will be continuing to support all of the ADEL customers by creating modules that will fit in any socket size that a manufactor wants to go with. This allows the users to use the modules they already know they like, with the customer service that you've come to expect from Asius Technologies.

So don't worry, you'll have options and won't feel like you're locked into buying modules from just one company due to a hole size. Other IEM manufactors across the industry are starting to factor in socket sizes for modules, so you'll be able to take your already purchased modules and use them in a new set of IEMs if the size is the same. If it isn't, then you'll be able to get a similar sounding module in that new sizing.

Will something like a holder/adapter be a feasible solution to take these modules and fit it in all IEMs with different sockets/holes?

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #5,863 of 9,124
Having an "industry standard" size that works with a number of different manufacturers would be best. That way those of us investing in modules could use them with IEMs from different companies with no worries about compatibility.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #5,864 of 9,124
Having an "industry standard" size that works with a number of different manufacturers would be best. That way those of us investing in modules could use them with IEMs from different companies with no worries about compatibility.

I agree. However telling companies what do to with their designs really isnt something we want to. We can provide sizing that way they can decide how they want it to mesh with their products. Armatures get packed in there, every company has a way they feel is best. We dont want to hinder that.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #5,865 of 9,124
What I don't understand is why 64 Audio seems to go out of their way to make their new IEM not compatible with ADEL, glad Apex module are compatible with U12, I may try it at a meet, now, I'm very happy with the B1 paring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back