1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 31, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #5,896 of 9,124
  That's speculation. I do not know if the APEX module is developed/manufactured by 1964 ears in house or an outside company. If APEX was developed by 1964 ears what standards did they use to test and uncover any design flaws and what is there expertise in making and designing artificial eardrums. Asius on facebook posted

Jun 21 2016
Urgent Announcement - Immediate opportunity for Deaf/hard of hearing persons to participate in ongoing ADEL research being conducted at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. .

Also Asius posts  June 10th 2016
Asius Technologies would like to clarify the timetable for the manufacture and testing of miniaturized ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson.
This update is to address any confusions which may have arisen concerning Asius Technologies' timetable for the miniaturization and testing of our custom ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson. Due to schedules imposed by our manufacturers, as well as the time required for us to suitably test and confirm the devices' operation with Brian, these devices will not be ready for delivery until after the last currently scheduled date of the AC/DC Rock or Bust Tour.
Soon after these devices are delivered and full tests have been completed to Brian's satisfaction, then, and only then, in consultation with his doctors, will Brian be able to decide if and when he can return to performing live on stage without risking further hearing loss.

Asius seem to have an ethical duty to there clients to make sure that there devices are up to par and exceeds standards.Asius soul focus is artificial eardrums   So if that's the length they go through to unsure a quality product than what did 1964 ears do ensure that these new APEX eardrums are as safe and reliable.If 1964 ears cut there ties with Asius due to outsourcing costs (which includes rigorous testing/royalties) so that it will lowering there bottom line.... then cutting corners could be a concern when i comes to using a device that claims prevents hearing loss. What professional audiologist or accredited organization tested/approves of the APEX design and safety. I think i should be asking this question because i am seriously looking to buy a pair of A12s and have some hearing loss at high frequencies.

If it is not at least as good, it will ultimately result in the demise of the 1964 brand. So speculation indeed but 1964 made this change and I am hoping they did not cut off their nose to spite their face....  Time will tell

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #5,897 of 9,124
Same here...been using full sized headphones for years and was not really a fan of iems and the like because i didn't like the feeling of anything jammed into my ear and with the pressure buildup inside. ADEL tech is what really pushed me in trying 64audio....

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #5,898 of 9,124
Same here...been using full sized headphones for years and was not really a fan of iems and the like because i didn't like the feeling of anything jammed into my ear and with the pressure buildup inside. ADEL tech is what really pushed me in trying 64audio....

+1. In fact, I started with IEM but can't stand the occlusion, conventional IEM triggers my tinnitus, only recently moved back to IEM thanks to ADEL tech. I haven't heard my tinnitus since I started with using U12, about 3 months ago. Still trying to get used to having stuff in my ear instead of over them, but that is another matter.

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #5,899 of 9,124
uh, anyone receiving a set of the APEX M20 modules to replace the S1?

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #5,900 of 9,124

With grants from the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health and in collaboration with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, ADEL modules are researched, designed and manufactured solely by Asius Technologies in Boulder Colorado.

hi Canyon Runner, as 1964ears said the Adel MAM will not fit for the new IEM, will there be adapter in the future?

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #5,901 of 9,124

hi Canyon Runner, as 1964ears said the Adel MAM will not fit for the new IEM, will there be adapter in the future?

uhh... why would they create an adaptor for the new 64 Audio CIEM when they left in bad terms and 64 Audio is opting for their 'own' module?
If you want an ADEL CIEM, just wait for a while and a new CIEM company will be releasing the updated ADEL version

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #5,902 of 9,124
I would disagree, I think fully open (knobs cranked all the way in, sounds spectacular). The sweet spot is hard to find at first, rest assured, you will find it and it will get easier each time.

Thanks for sharing that. Now it all makes sense and aligns with Brooko's and Twister6's frequency plot of different MAM positions. Please let me know if you were able to find that Sweet-Spot and how the sound from the MAM at Sweet-Spot compares to the sound from B1.

After much fiddling and listening, I now completely agree with Ike1985's assessment of fully open, screwed-in MAMs. In fact, I believe this is my sweet-spot. Extremely open and airy, but the tight membrane still allows plenty of bass oomph. Having them fully open has the added benefit of not having to find and keep a sweet spot somewhere in the middle; I know I'd be constantly checking that I hadn't accidentally knocked them out of position.

Now, let's see how these two compare...

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #5,903 of 9,124
  uh, anyone receiving a set of the APEX M20 modules to replace the S1?

Hi, we will be receiving some M20 modules real soon and will be able to report back on the feedback.  At the moment we don't have too much info on the APEX modules, other than what has been posted online.  I am however certain that 64 Audio will not have taken lightly to changing over from ADEL to APEX and will have the same health benefits:)).  64audiouk.co.uk

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #5,904 of 9,124
Fwiw I've been keeping an eye on the whole Asius/Adel tech for a while. Couldn't come up with the funds for the Kickstarter. Although I kind of wish I had. I wish 64 ears would still allow new order to work with both theirs and asius's modules. That part rubs me the wrong way a little bit.

That being said, in one of the videos I watched on the "bubble" models, it's mentioned that 1964's exclusive rights to the initial modules would end and others would be able to use the tech. At that point 1964 would have exclusive rights to the inflatable technology. So maybe that's the transition that's going on here more than a falling out between them. Although it does appear more like a falling out. And that's kind of sad.

Oh and another fwiw I do have some of the Asius headphones on pre-order. I am interested to see how well they work.

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #5,907 of 9,124
Just got notice from 64 Audio, my adel MAM is finally in stock and they'll be shipping it out to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Get the B1 and G1 while you're at it.  Look forward to you're updated A12 review, as I've said many times before, A12 was way too veiled for me with S1, different ADEL modules = different worlds!

Aug 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #5,908 of 9,124
MAM update:

I wish I had seen these MAM instructions on the Asius website before I'd started using them! (MAMs do not ship with instructions).

I've been convinced my modules were made backwards. Turned fully forward (with the dial fully 'in') my MAMs sound extremely bassy, so I had assumed they were closed. Turns out they are full open, but the membrane is also tight, resulting in increased bass. So, according to the instructions, the least amount of bass can be achieved turning the modules halfway between open and closed.

I hope this helps anyone else that is confused!

I also made the same mistake friend! Turns out it's counter intuitive! =P

Aug 1, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #5,909 of 9,124
  That's speculation. I do not know if the APEX module is developed/manufactured by 1964 ears in house or an outside company. If APEX was developed by 1964 ears what standards did they use to test and uncover any design flaws and what is there expertise in making and designing artificial eardrums. Asius on facebook posted

Jun 21 2016
Urgent Announcement - Immediate opportunity for Deaf/hard of hearing persons to participate in ongoing ADEL research being conducted at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. .

Also Asius posts  June 10th 2016
Asius Technologies would like to clarify the timetable for the manufacture and testing of miniaturized ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson.
This update is to address any confusions which may have arisen concerning Asius Technologies' timetable for the miniaturization and testing of our custom ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson. Due to schedules imposed by our manufacturers, as well as the time required for us to suitably test and confirm the devices' operation with Brian, these devices will not be ready for delivery until after the last currently scheduled date of the AC/DC Rock or Bust Tour.
Soon after these devices are delivered and full tests have been completed to Brian's satisfaction, then, and only then, in consultation with his doctors, will Brian be able to decide if and when he can return to performing live on stage without risking further hearing loss.

Asius seem to have an ethical duty to there clients to make sure that there devices are up to par and exceeds standards.Asius soul focus is artificial eardrums   So if that's the length they go through to unsure a quality product than what did 1964 ears do ensure that these new APEX eardrums are as safe and reliable.If 1964 ears cut there ties with Asius due to outsourcing costs (which includes rigorous testing/royalties) so that it will lowering there bottom line.... then cutting corners could be a concern when i comes to using a device that claims prevents hearing loss. What professional audiologist or accredited organization tested/approves of the APEX design and safety. I think i should be asking this question because i am seriously looking to buy a pair of A12s and have some hearing loss at high frequencies.

You could always get A12's and tell them you don't want any APEX modules-ask if they'll lower you're price accordingly and bore for ADEL modules instead, not sure how well that'd go over though!
wink_face.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #5,910 of 9,124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back