ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Dec 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #826 of 898
Vic! You're on here too now? Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your Atriums and the Folkvagnr!
Now I have a ZMF Atrium

Ho ho ho

ZMF Atrium ME-11.jpg

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #828 of 898
My ZMF November Auteur Classic shipment is here! OK, so it's not a stabilized or resin masterpiece - but it IS one-of-a-kind, with those funky "skid-marks" or sap lines or whatever it is, and a little 3D action on the lower part of the right cup.

Loving my first ever ZMF so far, even with no mileage on them yet (and my wife not letting me have the new tube amp until Christmas)!

Shipment was missing one set of pads I ordered but I have emailed the support team. Happy to join the fam!

DE9827EF-BEEF-48A1-8FBE-3535CF38F0E3_1_201_a.jpeg
692486DC-3970-46E7-8337-F5ECAE3E0DFD_1_201_a.jpeg
Beautiful! Even if I don't buy a pair of headphones for ZMF November, I love seeing all of these sets being delivered. Love the little shine of chatoyance on the cup on this one! You'll love how they sound. I've got mine on my head right now, and while it took some adjusting, they're easily one of my favorite headphones I've ever heard, and even more astonishing at the price.

Dec 15, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #829 of 898
Got my Aeolus today and I couldn't be happier with the cans. First time I've put on a headphone and it was exactly as good as I thought it would be. One thing though I seem to also have received the B-Stock package for my A-Stock Aeolus, missing some cables and a set of pads. Anyone know the difference between the laser etched and regular ownership cards?

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #830 of 898
Got my Aeolus today and I couldn't be happier with the cans. First time I've put on a headphone and it was exactly as good as I thought it would be. One thing though I seem to also have received the B-Stock package for my A-Stock Aeolus, missing some cables and a set of pads. Anyone know the difference between the laser etched and regular ownership cards?
I would reach out to Zach and the team to make sure you received the correct amount of accessories.

The laser etched cards are etched on a thin piece of wood.

2A39CA22-81FF-4FDD-8DC7-E5DE2A470432.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #831 of 898
I also got my new ZMF Aeolus a few days ago and just wanted to say THANK YOU to ZMF. I saved and waited for months for ZMF November to get my first set of ZMF headphones. I just have to say that pictures don't to these justice, I am in awe on how beautiful these are in real life. The looks and feel far exceeded what I was expecting. After a few days of break in and listening, the sound also has exceeded what I was expecting. I remember about a year ago when I was listening to my HD6xx and thinking damn these are good but I wish they had a bit more sound stage, sub bass, and treble. Well my new Aeolus does everything better, like everything. I think I will start saving again to find an upgrade to my Sundara headphones.
:):):)

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #832 of 898
[Impatient ranting]

FedEx was supposed to hold my Atrium at Walgreens, but it's been stuck on "Pending" status, with "Out for Delivery" as the last event since 2 days ago. I figured I'd be nice to them and give them an extra day or two, since it is that time of the year and things get hectic. But since it's not making it back to the station at night 2 days in a row, that's room for concern. I called in this morning, and after telling the automated system "Missing Package" then my tracking number, I was immediately (no hold time) transferred to a live person. They kindly and fully explained that this package was already handed over to Walgreens 2 days ago at 5:04PM, and is awaiting my pickup. I asked why the tracking system still shows out for delivery for 2 days, but was simply told the system doesn't always update.

At least the whole call only took 3 minutes, so I guess that was still a positive experience. Now I'm stuck waiting for a meeting for work, so I can't pick it up yet – but freedom from refreshing the tracking page is nearly here haha

Edit: The pickup experience at the FedEx counter at Walgreens staff was... concerning. I walked up to the counter and pulled up the tracking on my phone, and put my ID on the counter. The lady didn't look at either of them, and asked for my name, and when it arrived. I only said "Joshua" and "2 days ago", and she rummaged through a pile of boxes stacked next to a crates of soda off to the front of the counter (like someone could literally walk off with them). She didn't make sure she had the right tracking # or package, didn't ask for a signature, didn't even ask for my full name or look at my ID, and she was finished with "it's all yours" and walked off.

There weren't even any other customers in the store at the time I went, so they can't even use "busy day" as an excuse. This hasn't been my experience with pickups in the past, and I'm glad I was safely able to pick them up – but dang, that's scary.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #833 of 898
I am fascinated by the way ZMF owners will ad more ZMFs to their stable rather than "upgrade and replace" one ZMF for another.

When I heard my DCA Ether 2, it was a clear upgrade from my DCA Aeon - and I did not feel the need to keep the Aeon any longer - bye bye.

Seems like an Aeolus or Auteur listener, for example, who steps up to an Atrium or Verite will most likely keep both - and then keep an ear out for which other ZMF they might want in the future! Confounding when people say they ALL have the ZMF house sound. I'm sure I'll "understand" better after I have had a chance to listen to more ZMF models. Thoughts?

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #834 of 898
[Impatient ranting]

FedEx was supposed to hold my Atrium at Walgreens, but it's been stuck on "Pending" status, with "Out for Delivery" as the last event since 2 days ago. I figured I'd be nice to them and give them an extra day or two, since it is that time of the year and things get hectic. But since it's not making it back to the station at night 2 days in a row, that's room for concern. I called in this morning, and after telling the automated system "Missing Package" then my tracking number, I was immediately (no hold time) transferred to a live person. They kindly and fully explained that this package was already handed over to Walgreens 2 days ago at 5:04PM, and is awaiting my pickup. I asked why the tracking system still shows out for delivery for 2 days, but was simply told the system doesn't always update.

At least the whole call only took 3 minutes, so I guess that was still a positive experience. Now I'm stuck waiting for a meeting for work, so I can't pick it up yet – but freedom from refreshing the tracking page is nearly here haha
Guess what we can learn from here is to never give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quite sad if you think about it.

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #835 of 898
Dec 16, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #836 of 898
I am fascinated by the way ZMF owners will ad more ZMFs to their stable rather than "upgrade and replace" one ZMF for another.

When I heard my DCA Ether 2, it was a clear upgrade from my DCA Aeon - and I did not feel the need to keep the Aeon any longer - bye bye.

Seems like an Aeolus or Auteur listener, for example, who steps up to an Atrium or Verite will most likely keep both - and then keep an ear out for which other ZMF they might want in the future! Confounding when people say they ALL have the ZMF house sound. I'm sure I'll "understand" better after I have had a chance to listen to more ZMF models. Thoughts?

A quick scroll through the classifieds and you'll certainly find there are some ZMF owners who upgrade and replace.

But yes, many ZMF owners will take the "join the rest of the family" approach and I think some of it has to do with the wooden cups.
ZMF is a bit of an outlier in that you know at some point skilled human hands were involved with the final sanding, shaping and finishing of the cups. And perhaps more importantly that every single one of them is unique in it's own right - not just in looks but also in transient decay depending on the wood or stabilization process being used.

No doubt that wood has a polarizing effect as a material choice, but for those who enjoy it's character and aesthetic it allows every ZMF to be a work of art that also just happens to be a damn good headphone :)

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #837 of 898
Was able to finally pick up my wife's Atrium #213 at Walgreens this morning. Looks beautiful!

DSC00924.jpeg

Wanted to take some quick snaps before I run some burn-in for a while, before it goes under the tree. Can @zach915m or anyone else tell what kind of wood this is? Looking at the grain, I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

DSC00928.jpeg

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #838 of 898
Edit: The pickup experience at the FedEx counter at Walgreens staff was... concerning. I walked up to the counter and pulled up the tracking on my phone, and put my ID on the counter. The lady didn't look at either of them, and asked for my name, and when it arrived. I only said "Joshua" and "2 days ago", and she rummaged through a pile of boxes stacked next to a crates of soda off to the front of the counter (like someone could literally walk off with them). She didn't make sure she had the right tracking # or package, didn't ask for a signature, didn't even ask for my full name or look at my ID, and she was finished with "it's all yours" and walked off.

There weren't even any other customers in the store at the time I went, so they can't even use "busy day" as an excuse. This hasn't been my experience with pickups in the past, and I'm glad I was safely able to pick them up – but dang, that's scary.

I'm sorry to hear that was your experience - that's very disconcerting. I haven't had that particular issue with my local Walgreens, as they've asked for my signature on every item dropped off there. However, the packages aren't the most secure so I've switch to having parcels left at the local FedEx Office.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #839 of 898
Was able to finally pick up my wife's Atrium #213 at Walgreens this morning. Looks beautiful!

DSC00924.jpeg

Wanted to take some quick snaps before I run some burn-in for a while, before it goes under the tree. Can @zach915m or anyone else tell what kind of wood this is? Looking at the grain, I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

DSC00928.jpeg
Looks like maple burl.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 16, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #840 of 898

Seems like an Aeolus or Auteur listener, for example, who steps up to an Atrium or Verite will most likely keep both - and then keep an ear out for which other ZMF they might want in the future! Confounding when people say they ALL have the ZMF house sound. ^^
^^ they all do have the ZMF house sound … different rooms: the gameroom, the den/study, the family room, and let’s not forget the front hallway - er, Atrium… 😜.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back