ZMF Auteur Thread
Nov 12, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #242 of 8,390
Yes. I'm not sure what his official line on this is. I'm sure there may be restrictions, you probably can't run them over with your lawnmower then send him the shavings asking him to fix it. :wink:

Thank you for one of the weirdest images ever (ZMF wooden headphones vs lawnmower). I may have nightmares about this!

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #243 of 8,390
Thank you for one of the weirdest images ever (ZMF wooden headphones vs lawnmower). I may have nightmares about this!

I just wonder who has expensive or even inexpensive headphones laying in the grass. Even so, how would one not see them unless they were grass green?

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #245 of 8,390
What was ZMF's reason for no warranty transfer? This pretty much kills the second hand value on these handphones

Yeah, basically what already has been said, but I want to emphasize that I realize this concern and combat that by trying to be very responsive and helping whomever has an issue with their headphone regardless if they bought it or not from us.

If that's the case then for a fee, he'll fix used sets?

Yeah so it's not that we don't repair headphones, I want to keep every headphone we've made in tip top shape and performing as best a they can! I've never turned anyone away from getting their headphone repaired or looked at, and I will always do so for as little money as possible.

Unfortunately without some rules, especially with really nice wood headphones is you get headphones that have had some sort of accident or been through many owners and people just end up sending them in to have the cups refinished or for a myriad of other reasons that are just wear and tear and do not pertain to the sound quality. If we ever get big enough to have a repair department I will certainly look at amending our warranty and repair logistics.

mowing.gif

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #247 of 8,390
Spent almost the entire day running A/B/C/D/E/F comparisons between the Blackwood Auteur and lots of my favorite headphones, including the Abyss, HD800, HE500, Atticus and SR-Lambda for my upcoming review.

This thing is LEGIT.

IMG_5806.JPG

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #248 of 8,390
Pre-ordered the Blackwood Auteur. Be interesting to read your comparisons with the Abyss as also considering that next year.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #249 of 8,390
Spent almost the entire day running A/B/C/D/E/F comparisons between the Blackwood Auteur and lots of my favorite headphones, including the Abyss, HD800, HE500, Atticus and SR-Lambda for my upcoming review.

This thing is LEGIT.

Really excited to see your impressions on the Auteur, especially with all those comparisons, judging from the table covered in headphones.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #251 of 8,390
You tease :p We obviously need to hear more. :D

That's the idea. :wink:

What I can tell you now is this: I liked the headphone A LOT before I started comparisons... I like it even more after them.

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #254 of 8,390
Don't listen to what @Hansotek has to say. He'll just end up convincing you to spend a lot of your money... :wink:

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #255 of 8,390
That's the idea. :wink:

What I can tell you now is this: I liked the headphone A LOT before I started comparisons... I like it even more after them.

Even more teasing!

Thanks to the smaller size of the Amethyst and Kenzie, I was able to set this up near my work computer while working from home this week.

Man that's a pretty setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back