Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #47 of 388
Hifiman HE500 is my new HD650. it is a HP that never sucks. You can listen to it with every genre. It gets more headtime than my HD800 or Stax.

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #49 of 388
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #50 of 388
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).

The sound on the DT990 is susposed to be better, didnt know there was such thing... :wink:

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #52 of 388
Quote:
I also love the sound of my FA-011's, especially the deep and satisfying bass. I was wondering what mods you did to your FA-011's?

Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #53 of 388

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #54 of 388
Quote:
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.

o_o. sounds really complicated to do. i don't think it is anything I can try out for myself.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #56 of 388
Quote:
o_o. sounds really complicated to do. i don't think it is anything I can try out for myself.

I'll get some pictures up and going in the FA-011 appreciation thread when I have it reassembled, which depends on whether or not I can sand off this damn acrylic paint off completely or might have to buy the spare cups from Sergei at FA.

May 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #57 of 388
One pair of headphones that I favored at one time were Soul By Ludacris SL150. I thought the sound was good but got tired of the their trendy look. I passed them on to my niece and she loves them.

May 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #58 of 388
I have plenty of better headphones and earphones, but my HD439 and SE215 still get almost as much ear time as my UM3X, HD598, and DT770 LEs. I have a mic cable for the SE215, and they are built to last, so they get time at the beach, for phone calls, during workouts, and any time I don't want to put my UM3X at risk. The HD439 have a really enjoyable, laid back sound so I use them with my phone when I'm just relaxing around the house or need a headphone to throw in my bag on the go. My HD598 and DT770 are used mostly for gaming and real listening sessions, which don't happen as often as I like. UM3X get.most of their ear time on my breaks at work.

May 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #59 of 388
For me its the 2 headphones I recently got in the HE-400 and HD600, both are my first good pairs of HP's and to me they sound better than all the IEM's I had and have heard.  Good HP's just sound more grand and spacious (which is a big plus to me) and these 2 have just as good of SQ and clarity as my top-tier IEM's had imo so getting into HP's was a no brainer for me and I'm not looking back though I'm looking to get 1 or 2 pairs of IEM's to get and use for jogging and working out because I sold all my good IEM's after getting the HE-400 (that should tell you how much I like the HE-400).

May 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #60 of 388
Cheap headphones that I got from the supermarket. $8.99, can't beat the price, for earbuds that you can basically take anywhere. Of course, when I'm at home I use the Denon ADH-1001 (which will probably be the not-the-best for many of you!) but that is a little difficult to carry around. Always afraid I'll break it, so I end up using the earbuds a lot at work. Phillips, I think the brand was. They make basically everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back