Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Jan 24, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #376 of 388
Sorry, I didn't read the 1st post, only the title.  The headphone that gets the most use is the Sennheiser HD 800 S, so it's my favorite headphone. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #377 of 388
The jvc esnsy ha-sr85s. Very warm sounding but not too much bass. The gain switch on my iBasso DX50 seems improve the soundstage.

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #379 of 388
Always on the quest in this addictive, money pit of a hobby(damn you Head-fi).

On my head the most, HE-6/HD800.

That puts a good light on to things. Both are hard acts to follow. I take it you are not an IEM user then?

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #381 of 388
Superlux HD668b will always hold a place in my heart, it made all my past headphones (Skullcandy, Razer) sound like I had cotton in my ears in comparison. I doubt I'll ever get such a drastic increase in sound quality ever again... maybe when I finally get good speakers.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #382 of 388
Sennheiser HD202. Still find it more enjoyable and balanced/natural sounding than my T1, Hd650, Dt880, etc. for many applications, even some music.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #383 of 388
Sennheiser HD202. Still find it more enjoyable and balanced/natural sounding than my T1, Hd650, Dt880, etc. for many applications, even some music.

You've made me just put those on and enjoy some music with them, dang it. :)

The HD 202, I mean. I don't have any of those others. :sweat:. It does help to know someone who does sometimes picks the humble 202's over them.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #385 of 388
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #386 of 388
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.
Hmmmm, those all seem a little rich imo considering the thread title "not the best" headphones?"
Do you have any clunkers :p that you love?

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #387 of 388
Hmmmm, those all seem a little rich imo considering the thread title "not the best" headphones?"
Do you have any clunkers
tongue.gif
that you love?

I don't consider them to be clunkers but I still have and listen to the first 'real' headphones I ever bought, my Grado 225's. They are almost 20 years old and still going strong. I had to send them in to Grado a few years ago and they pretty much completely rebuilt them, new drivers, and new wiring, but they are still listened to nearly every day.

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #388 of 388
I bought a pair of 7 Euro Vivanco IEMs at the local Saturn (German electronics store) a few years ago and it turned out I used them more than any other IEMs including my fancy custom ones until they broke a while ago - they were just so comfy and nice sounding. I think nice sounding is probably more important than correct ot detailed for me, at least when I´m on the go - which is when I listen to most of my music these days anyway because of weird working hours and several hours commute per day.
I also like my AKG K412P especially with the portable DVD player; they are no bass monsters but there´s a lightness to the presentation that can give the impression that the sound is coming from the player in front of you and not from headphones.
Still, if all of a sudden an Orpheus would appear on the doorstep I woldn´t turn it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back