You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #4,441 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you have $60 and you could either get Black Ops 2 or albums..
biggrin.gif

If you went for Black Ops I would've smacked you silly, boy.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #4,442 of 6,356
Quote:
Is being an audiophile "hipster"?  My sister just said I was "hipster" which I hate and I've never thought of my self that way before.  She gave a bunch of examples: Don't listen to mainstream music, can't use the crappy ipod earbuds, have to build your own computer, have weird views on things.... SAY IT AINT SO

No, it most certainly is not hipster. Hipsters orient the choices in their lives around what other people do just as much as the average lemming does. They just do so in a negative fashion, instead of in an affirmative one.

Your taste reflects your own personal choice, irrespective of whether it's popular or not. Hipsters don't think like this. They're the equivalent of the kid that contradicts everything you say--they need somebody to make the first move so they can counter, meaning paradoxically their entire ethos is dependent upon what's trendy--they just choose to do the exact opposite. If hipsters played chess, they'd always want to play as black. 
biggrin.gif

As I think you can tell, this is a way of looking at the world that I have very little patience with. It falls under the immortal "against inspired lunacy, what can you do?" category, and I usually do the best I can to pretend that it doesn't exist. I'm too busy doing my own thing and enjoying myself to worry about what other people are doing.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #4,443 of 6,356
Hell, if being an audiophile is being a hipster then hipsters are damn good people.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4,444 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you agonize over which IEM to get the way some people agonize over which color to paint the walls.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #4,447 of 6,356
Nov 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #4,448 of 6,356
When your newest headphones impress you so much that you worry if you'll ever use your other sets again.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #4,449 of 6,356
When you're trying to celebrate your 100th post on Head-Fi by trying to think of something clever to say.

Oh wait... NOOOO!! I made a mistake!!! This is my 100th post! NNNNOOOOOOOO! THIS IS NOT SPECIAL ENOUGH!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFU!!

*calms down*

Anyway, for my 1000th post, I'll review a bunch of pillows, and I'll try to analyze if the material or the consistency of a pillow whether or not have an impact on soundstage, brightness and bass impact. This should provide some valuable insight for those who listen to headphone in bed.

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #4,451 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
When your newest headphones impress you so much that you worry if you'll ever use your other sets again.

When you become attached to your headphones ^_^

God yes...

I have kissed my headphones before. I have also given them compliments on how well they performed after taking them off for the night. I have even given one pair a hug. 

Please tell me I'm not just weird and others have done things like this >__________________________>

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4,452 of 6,356
Quote:
God yes...

I have kissed my headphones before. I have also given them compliments on how well they performed after taking them off for the night. I have even given one pair a hug. 

Please tell me I'm not just weird and others have done things like this >__________________________>

Nope. At least, not to such extent. Although, I'd probably stab to death with a spoon anyone who'd dare touch my headphones.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #4,453 of 6,356
well i don't listen to mainstream music, use ibuds, use apple or samsung for that matter, or use beats. i assemble my own computer thus saving me about 40% and like anthro art over anime. 
well everyone's different, its right to express yourself through your choices and preferences and not let some people up top tell you what you should choose

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #4,454 of 6,356
Quote:
God yes...

Yeah...um...I've never done that before. I did recently pick my DT880 up and shout "What do you want from me?!" at it in a joking manner, but that was because at that point it was the third night in a row I'd been compelled to listen for hours on end when I should have been sleeping.

I swear, it's like there's aliens up there somewhere and they've introduced headphones to us as mind control devices, and they're laughing their big green butts off at us as we waste hour after hour listening and comparing and spending our hard earned cash.

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #4,455 of 6,356
Quote:

Yeah...um...I've never done that before. I did recently pick my DT880 up and shout "What do you want from me?!" at it in a joking manner, but that was because at that point it was the third night in a row I'd been compelled to listen for hours on end when I should have been sleeping.

I swear, it's like there's aliens up there somewhere and they've introduced headphones to us as mind control devices, and they're laughing their big green butts off at us as we waste hour after hour listening and comparing and spending our hard earned cash.

and their signals are our music
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back