1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last
  1. WhiteCrow
    Quote:

but in all seriousness like 80% of sound let alone music takes place in the mids.

2. DGriff0400
    Quote:
    well you can imagine how things are here in the caribbean lol haha i just happened to stumble upon head fi looking for 30$ headphones and ended up at 300$ lol. the music stores here only have instruments and earbuds.

3. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

4. wolfetan44
    You know you're an audiophile when you have $60 and you could either get Black Ops 2 or albums..[​IMG]

5. VisceriousZERO

When you debate that fact and decide the albums will give you more enjoyment :)

6. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    I'm getting albums![​IMG] The XX-XX, Neutral Milk Hotel- Aeroplane Over the Sea, Shrines- Purity Ring, and Down There- Avey Tare.

7. linglingjr
    Quote:
    or you could just torrent the crappy game and buy the albums...... I only say "crappy game" because PC gets a **** console port every time.

8. PanamaHat
    When you find an artifact in your music and look for it at other sources to make sure it's not your file that's messed up. Just happened to me[​IMG]

ru57y likes this.
  9. ru57y
    your boss sees you grinning dragging yet another amp stack liberated from a refurbished retail store exclaiming "I got another one!" and shrugs it off as normal for you...

10. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I actually had that happen in the disc pressing of one of the albums I bought from Amazon. I got to find out just how excellent their return and exchange service is, only to discover ten minutes after I applied for the return that the tiny little "skip" I had heard was an artifact in the audio, not a defect in my copy. I discovered this because the preview of the song they had on Amazon also had the artifact.

Unfortunately, it's not in the vinyl version, which means it's something that crept into the digital transfer, and predictably, the new disc UPS delivered the next day had it as well. A particle of dust in the clean room settling into one of the pits in the master? Highly improbable, but given the millions of albums that have been mastered, not impossible.

For anybody who's interested, the album is Genesis Live, an oldie from the Gabriel years.

You know you're an audiophile when you obsessive-compulsively listen to the half dozen albums you just bought, terrified you'll find a defect in your copy. (Amazingly enough, I got yet another album from that purchase haul with an artifact, though this time it was a mastering flaw--it was the remaster of ELO's A New World Record.)

11. PinoyPogiman
    :When you can put someone down throwing cold,hard facts of how "Not So Great" headphones they think is #1.

i was told again by a nitpicking classmate to "buy Beats bro, and your set for life"

so i decided to ask and throw out questions "Why do they have such bad soundstage?, Why do they sound so muffled?, Can you explain why there is Artificial Bass muddling up the WHOLE entire rest of the sound spectrum?"

i also like saying "heh, if i wanted to go out and burn my wallet on over 200$ of headphones id rather buy the AKG K701, Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser Amperior, etc"

12. linglingjr
    Is being an audiophile "hipster"?  My sister just said I was "hipster" which I hate and I've never thought of my self that way before.  She gave a bunch of examples: Don't listen to mainstream music, can't use the crappy ipod earbuds, have to build your own computer, have weird views on things.... SAY IT AINT SO

13. ProjectDenz
    Quote:

No, I don't listen to mainstream music, don't use crappy ipod earbuds, I build my own computer, and I guess I probably have weird views on some thing. I am probably a more conservative person than most people. 

14. Parall3l
    Quote:

Doing it right is not necessarily hipster. Building your own computer is cheaper and better, using ipod earbuds just a bad idea. Having "weird" views is subjective.

15. PanamaHat
    Quote:

Embrace it! [​IMG]

First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last