You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,916 of 6,356
When you critically listen to your father's car stereo speakers and think to yourself "Holy crap these are garbage, they have no bass and the midrange honks like a ******* goose"

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #3,920 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
When your portable rig is worth more than your car
wink.gif

Crap i have a limited edition convertible....... Great now ill never be an audiophile.... Where the hell am i gunna fine me a $56k portable rig?! Dratz......
mad.gif

Build a custom portable electrostat amp and use the STAX SR009. That should cost you a great deal of money, provided you don't kill yourself with the amp. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3,921 of 6,356
Quote:

Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), 

You know your an audio phile when you can answer this,there's not really much of a differeance. Even with 24but vs 16bit, 24bit is only better when your mixing, seeing as 16bit has a 96db range and well your hearing stops much b4 that, and if you where some how able to take advantage of the full 140+ something db's of a 24bit recording... you'd be dead from the pressure of that sound wave. So HD music is only better when you've got the POWER to fool your mind with a placebo effect <3 

But I can easily go through 30 ablums a month... I put in about 2-3 horus listening a day...
Quote:
Crap i have a limited edition convertible....... Great now ill never be an audiophile.... Where the hell am i gunna fine me a $56k portable rig?! Dratz......
mad.gif

Psh get your self some CUSTOM mad IEMS... I'm sure some one out there can make em out of Solid Gold and Dimond studded cord <3

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #3,922 of 6,356
when your idiot retard friend sees your HD600s with the back grills taken off and says OHH those look sick are they made by monster?. then he tries to listen to them and asks why my e9/e7 is "so big" he goes on to youtube to listen to some music (so lossy) and when he finally finds some crappy quality upload to listen to he turns the volume knob on the e9 to 1 o clock (9 o clock is the loudest I ever listen to) So glad he didn't ruin the drivers in the few seconds he had them blasting like speakers.  So after he listens to them for 30 seconds at a decent volume he says these sound really bad and shows me the horrible pair of monster headphones he wants to get.....

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #3,924 of 6,356
Quote:
when your idiot retard friend sees your HD600s with the back grills taken off and says OHH those look sick are they made by monster?. then he tries to listen to them and asks why my e9/e7 is "so big" he goes on to youtube to listen to some music (so lossy) and when he finally finds some crappy quality upload to listen to he turns the volume knob on the e9 to 1 o clock (9 o clock is the loudest I ever listen to) So glad he didn't ruin the drivers in the few seconds he had them blasting like speakers.  So after he listens to them for 30 seconds at a decent volume he says these sound really bad and shows me the horrible pair of monster headphones he wants to get.....

I would have beaten the crap out of him the moment he asked if they were made by monster.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3,925 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Psh get your self some CUSTOM mad IEMS... I'm sure some one out there can make em out of Solid Gold and Dimond studded cord <3

Or something expensive like this? Then will i achieve audiophile status?:

2011_09_30_02_06_16_drdre.beats.studio.jethem.side.jpg

Hehehehe
biggrin.gif

NO GOD MY EYES

Whoever thought it was a good idea to do... THAT to any headphone, ****ty or otherwise, needs to have their head caved in with a 50-pound sledgehammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back