1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271
Next

Last
  1. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

It's happened to me now twice in the past week. First it was the K271 that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Then it was the LCD-2, which apparently some rich guy who isn't real, living in a house in my neighborhood that doesn't exist, decided to just loan out to me, even though I literally just met him two seconds before I said, "Hey, that's an LCD-2! Why is it three feet away from an in-ground pool?" Why he was just sitting out on his deck with his cans on the table I don't know. He wasn't listening to music. There wasn't an amp or source anywhere to be found.

I remember thinking in the dream that they were all midrange, which from just about everything I've read about them is ridiculously off the mark. Also, they came packed in styrofoam. Maybe they were fakes!

2. Doc-holliday
    Hmmmmm. I've only dreamt of getting fired at work 3 different times this week.... I'd take the LCD2 dream over that any time..

3. miceblue
    Not related to being an audiophile, but when the floor lamp behind your desk makes a really quiet high-pitched sound (not as high of a frequency as a CRT TV) and it annoys the heck out of you.

4. takato14
    When you spend over 2 hours getting your new Head-Fi avatar to look <just> right...

5. William007
    Yep i hate it! Or the sounds coming from the transformer for my LED's or the sound of my asgard...

6. GL1TCH3D

It kind of is related to being an audiophile ;P
    Sucks when you have an open back pair and something is buzzing...

7. DGriff0400
    when you think abt christmas gifts you think about what additional gear am i gonna get myself and depending on my bdget who might get cut off the list lol

8. miceblue
    ...when you see a cute girl passing by and you stare at her until you notice that she's listening to Beats (yes, I noticed the girl before the headphones *sanity check*).

9. jerg Contributor
    Quote:
    Amateur! A real audiophile see people on the streets as vessels for the worn headphones.

10. William007
    I... Hate beats...

11. DGriff0400
    when youve been researching a headphone for months then a new shiner one comes out with a .05% better midrange and you change your mind immediately

12. takato14
    Quote:
    yeeep

FUFC.

"F$$k-Ugly Fart Cannons".

13. PanamaHat

This^ So true xD

14. DJHeadshot
    Quote:
    Not headphones but I hate it when I turn up the volume in songs with alot of deep bass with my 2.1 system and stuff starts buzzing or vibrating because of it I just want to here clean deep and powerful bass is that to much to ask?  I ended up removing the doorknob to my closet cause it would buzz to much [​IMG].

15. miceblue
    ...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
    Screenshot2012-10-24at5.21.46PM.png

...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
    Screenshot2012-10-24at5.21.29PM.png

Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
    Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
    Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.

I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T

First

Back
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271
Next

Last