You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #3,886 of 6,356
Quote:
When you are quite happy to watch a movie without taking your headphones off (listening to music)

you are weird my friend
blink.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #3,890 of 6,356
Quote:
When your goal in life is to become a headphoneus supremus

The supremusness of any given Headphoneus Supremus is inversely proportional to the ratio of his join date and his average daily post count. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #3,891 of 6,356
Quote:

The supremusness of any given Headphoneus Supremus is inversely proportional to the ratio of his join date and his average daily post count. 
biggrin.gif

S=K/D+P?

Is the join date the amount of years it has been since he has joined? Can we get a figure of supremeness for an already known headphoneus supremus so we can solve for k?

EDIT: unless i'm reading your post wrong, doesn't this mean the more posts you have and the longer you have been on head-fi the less supreme you are? 
confused.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,892 of 6,356
Quote:
When your goal in life is to become a headphoneus supremus

Believe me, there are more important things in life than that.
L3000.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #3,894 of 6,356
Quote:
S=K/D+P?

Is the join date the amount of years it has been since he has joined? Can we get a figure of supremeness for an already known headphoneus supremus so we can solve for k?

EDIT: unless i'm reading your post wrong, doesn't this mean the more posts you have and the longer you have been on head-fi the less supreme you are? 
confused.gif

I'm not a math major, so there's every possibility I got it wrong.

The way I figured it, if your average post rate is two posts per day, and you joined in 2000, it's 2000/2 = 1000. If you joined in 2012, it's 2012/2 = 1006. Since it's an inverse relationship, the lower the ratio, the greater the supremusness.

But now that I think about it, it doesn't really work that well, since you could have somebody who joined in 2000 post twice a day, which comes out to 1000, and then somebody who joined in 2012 post four times a day, which comes out to 503.

The whole idea is to highlight the fact that lots of posts per day + recent join date = less supremusness. There's got to be a way of expressing that mathematically.

You know you're an audiophile when you suck at math.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #3,895 of 6,356

The way I figured it, if your average post rate is two posts per day, and you joined in 2000, it's 2000/2 = 1000. If you joined in 2012, it's 2012/2 = 1006. Since it's an inverse relationship, the lower the ratio, the greater the supremusness.

But now that I think about it, it doesn't really work that well, since you could have somebody who joined in 2000 post twice a day, which comes out to 1000, and then somebody who joined in 2012 post four times a day, which comes out to 503.

The whole idea is to highlight the fact that lots of posts per day + recent join date = less supremusness. There's got to be a way of expressing that mathematically.

I'm good at math :D

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #3,897 of 6,356
Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The key word is RATIO, not variation. I was always bad at word problems. haha.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #3,899 of 6,356
Here ya go.

S=DA

S is the supremeness

D is the number of years since you joined.

A is the average posts per day. 

So if you joined in 2000 and have a avg daily post of 2 thats 12(2)=24

You're not going to get a huge number like you would with your other formula, but at least the numbers will get bigger with more posts and more years, rather than go down haha.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,900 of 6,356
Quote:
Here ya go.

S=DA

S is the supremeness

D is the number of years since you joined.

A is the average posts per day. 

I believe me and Bowei006 are soon on our way to supremacy! Him more than me by a far margin... well most of the Anime Thread tbh <3

You know your an audiophile when you dream [like literally while im REM sleep your brain emulates the experince] of demoing new cans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back