1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last
  1. PakoBoy
    Quote:
    you are weird my friend [​IMG]

2. LugBug1
    Quote:
    Your not the first to say that... [​IMG]

3. William007
    When your goal in life is to become a headphoneus supremus

4. Doc-holliday

That's easy... just keep posting lots in useless threads..... (hey wait a minute.... :D)

5. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

The supremusness of any given Headphoneus Supremus is inversely proportional to the ratio of his join date and his average daily post count. [​IMG]

6. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    S=K/D+P?

Is the join date the amount of years it has been since he has joined? Can we get a figure of supremeness for an already known headphoneus supremus so we can solve for k?

EDIT: unless i'm reading your post wrong, doesn't this mean the more posts you have and the longer you have been on head-fi the less supreme you are? [​IMG]

7. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

Believe me, there are more important things in life than that.[​IMG]

8. William007
    I know :) main goal is to finish school, study engineering, get a good job and be happy after :)

9. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I'm not a math major, so there's every possibility I got it wrong.

The way I figured it, if your average post rate is two posts per day, and you joined in 2000, it's 2000/2 = 1000. If you joined in 2012, it's 2012/2 = 1006. Since it's an inverse relationship, the lower the ratio, the greater the supremusness.

But now that I think about it, it doesn't really work that well, since you could have somebody who joined in 2000 post twice a day, which comes out to 1000, and then somebody who joined in 2012 post four times a day, which comes out to 503.

The whole idea is to highlight the fact that lots of posts per day + recent join date = less supremusness. There's got to be a way of expressing that mathematically.

You know you're an audiophile when you suck at math.

10. William007
    I'm good at math :D

11. Doc-holliday

Just not grammar......... :p

*kidding kidding..... I don't know any foreign languages so you have +1 on me there..... :D

12. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The key word is RATIO, not variation. I was always bad at word problems. haha.

13. William007
    I'm half american so shame on me :D and i speak dutch, german, french (finnish) and english :)

14. yepimonfire
    Here ya go.

S=DA

S is the supremeness

D is the number of years since you joined.

A is the average posts per day. 

So if you joined in 2000 and have a avg daily post of 2 thats 12(2)=24

You're not going to get a huge number like you would with your other formula, but at least the numbers will get bigger with more posts and more years, rather than go down haha.

15. Mshenay Contributor
    Quote:
    I believe me and Bowei006 are soon on our way to supremacy! Him more than me by a far margin... well most of the Anime Thread tbh <3

You know your an audiophile when you dream [like literally while im REM sleep your brain emulates the experince] of demoing new cans!

First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last