You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #3,857 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you are an audiophile when you don't "forget your headphones at home"......
wink.gif

when you forget everything but your headphones....."damn i forgot my lunch again, oh well at least i have my gear"

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #3,858 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you have a specifically designed audio gear at work.
ph34r.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,861 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you see a headphone you really want to have in someone's Head-Fi signature and make an attempt to buy them from him/her. (I want a Wharefdale ID-1 so much...)

Happens all the time. It's actually the way I got my Pioneer SE-700s XD

Pm me, maybe we could work something out. :)

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #3,862 of 6,356
When you use your best headphones for watching college video lectures...

The soundstage makes it sound like he's in the room with me XD

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #3,863 of 6,356
Quote:
when your first headphone review takes as much effort as your research project

I can totally relate to this.  The first one can be a little scary and intimidating. 
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #3,864 of 6,356
Quote:
When you use your best headphones for watching college video lectures...

The soundstage makes it sound like he's in the room with me XD

Mine just emphasize the fact that he's using the crappy built in mic on his Mac. Granted, they're vid caps so it's not like he's lecturing a hall, but still. At least spring for a Blue Snowflake or a cheap USB condenser.

One good thing when listening with my headphones is that it's clear enough so that I don't have to go back and listen to stuff over again. I can also hear people talking in the background occasionally, so he must have recorded the videos in his office on campus.

You know you're an audiophile when you're analyzing the sound quality of college video lectures.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #3,865 of 6,356
Quote:
Dude my sister has a song on her phone that is an 8kbps mp3...... you can't even tell there are drums in the song it's so bad.  And low bit rate (like 85kbps) is about equal to a 320kbps if it is OGG.

Indeed, Vorbis is a much better lossy format that mp3, heck q10 vorbis is like 500 kbs! 

Also you know your an audiophile when you opt for 300 24bit flac's over 3000 320kbs mp3s! 

Argyris, I feel your pain. Panel de Pon is an AMAZING game yet there was No OST released for it so there's like nothing but Game Rips of the music. While it's great quality you always wdonder... WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE IN 16BIT >.> 

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #3,870 of 6,356
When you spend countless hours mixing and matching your rig setups and at the end of it all you're still not satisfied by how each of them sounds so you just put them back together again and do it all again the next day (and the day after that, and the day after that...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back