You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3,812 of 6,356
When picking today's media player and headphone combo is as much of a decision as what else to wear.

Going back to the EQ comments, I've usually avoided EQs. However, I have found some brands to work that well that you're missing out not to use them. This obviously excludes anything by Apple, where I feel their efforts are just basic crowd pleasers and not advanced enough to appeal to all users, the reason being that they're designed to be easy and non-confusing to use.

Ofc I don't expect everybody to agree, but whatever :3

I do use the tone controls on my amp tho, because it's easier than reaching behind the sub. it is, however, sacrilege to listen to studio masters on anything other than direct.

Opinions!

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,813 of 6,356
When paying €500 for a phone is to much, but 500 on a headphone is perfectly fine.
I'm having this dilemma, i really wanna get the Samsung Galaxy S3 to upgrade from my iphone 3g ( i'm starting to hate ios) but i'm also thinking of buying a he-500 and/ or hd600

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #3,814 of 6,356
Quote:
When you consider wearing your headphones to a funeral... 

Let them catch you doing that and you might well be wearing them to your funeral next. 
evil_smiley.gif

You know you're an audiophile when instead of being annoyed that somebody is deliberately listening to music in order to ignore you, you're more upset that they're doing it with stock iPod earbuds.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #3,819 of 6,356
Quote:
Either that or Atkin's. 

You know you're an audiophile when you listen to a pair of headphones that give you noticeable neck pain for extended periods just because they sound wonderful.

doesn't that sound like the LCD2/3?

also you know you are an audiophile when you think its okay for your bike costs almost as much as your headphone

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #3,823 of 6,356
I know I am an audiophile when I am thinking about the sound improvement rather than the price tag of the headphone and amps...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,824 of 6,356
Quote:
when you want to buy a SR60 for portable use
tongue.gif

I considered that once, though I ended up getting an SRH440 instead, so I actually ended up worse off as far as portability goes. I'm actively studying up IEMs, since I've finally come to the conclusion that, at least in my experience, circumaural cans != portable. They do keep my ears warm in the winter, though. In fact...

...you know you're an audiophile when you don't use earmuffs or a woolen hat for the winter, just a set of full-sized sealed headphones.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #3,825 of 6,356
I considered that once, though I ended up getting an SRH440 instead, so I actually ended up worse off as far as portability goes. I'm actively studying up IEMs, since I've finally come to the conclusion that, at least in my experience, circumaural cans != portable. They do keep my ears warm in the winter, though. In fact...

...you know you're an audiophile when you don't use earmuffs or a woolen hat for the winter, just a set of full-sized sealed headphones.

My HD800 don't keep my ears warm =(
One instance where the airiness isn't appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back