1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267
Next

Last
  1. Coop
    Quote:

Wouldn't that just be a Head-fi meet?

2. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

Hmm... True, but I have never been to one, so I wouldn't know...

...when you think someone's hearing aid is a really cool custom iem.

3. KT66
    when you know a lot of advice given on forums is bollocks

4. ProjectDenz
    Quote:

How very true.

5. PanamaHat
    When youd rather save for a new headphone/amp than eat decent food. Or maybe that's just me...
    College-fi ftw! :rolleyes:

6. takato14
    When a headphone stumps you, and the ONLY thing you want to do is keep listening to it to ascertain what it is like.

7. talisman42
    Quote:
    Can you elaborate on this? I'll reference this post on the Grado thread. Thanks!

8. parbaked
    Quote:
    The biggest changes were to increase the size of the cups to the volume of the SR325 so all the SR have the same size cups, hence the mushroom shape. previously the plastic SR models, SR60/80/125 and 225 had smaller cups. They also made minor refinements to the drivers and changed the cable to a thicker 8 conductor cable for the higher models.

9. parbaked
    Quote:
    Grado did say they made changes to the driver for the SR325is as John was not 100% satisfied with how the 325i sounded. I am not aware of any 'problems' with the SR drivers as such.

10. Herky151
    You know you're an audiophile when even if you won the lotto, you still wouldn't have enough money to buy all the gear thats on your current wish-list. 

11. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

Funny. Without planning it I read through the vintage headphone thread again (it's been a long time since I was there, and there are lots more posts, which is awesome!) and came across your post about the Koss Reference One, so I know exactly what you're talking about, whereas when I first read the quoted response above I had no idea.

Also, Klipsch stole the name! Swines.

You know you're an audiophile when you can read through a 35+ page thread about vintage headphones and enjoy it like you would a good book.

12. Arkyle
    When you forget your headphones at home and realize how boring life is without a soundtrack.

13. William007
    The sr80 drivers had a little bit more end, but the the sound chamber couldn't absorb the vibrations from the driver, here for the sr80 has quite a lot more distortion. The driver also couldn't breathe very good.

14. takato14
    Quote:
    You know you're an audiophile when you see a headphone you really want to have in someone's Head-Fi signature and make an attempt to buy them from him/her. (I want a Wharefdale ID-1 so much...)

Happens all the time. It's actually the way I got my Pioneer SE-700s XD

15. Doc-holliday

You know you are an audiophile when you don't "forget your headphones at home"...... :wink:

First

Back
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267
Next

Last