1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    Quote:
    well since i already have a HD558 the SRH440 would be rather redundant. i haven't bought the SR60 yet cause i just can find a real reason why i need it.... since i already use the HD558 on the go

2. Retrias
    Quote:
    I bought a dt1350 some weeks ago (1-2 week), then while listening at my house with it , I begin to think "Hmmm I sure could use a fullsize headphone for comfort at home right?". and Now I am searching for one, and already posted on the headphone reccomendation and looking at reviews now , its like this small steps of being an audio addict

3. linglingjr
    Quote:
     yes, I remember when I was sick I was using my K272s (closed back) I got up out of bed to get something and took them off.... my ears were so cold I put them back on ahhhh like earmuffs lol

4. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I honestly wanted the SR60 at that point just because I thought they looked cool. I wanted to don my leather jacket and walk around campus rocking some Grados. In retrospect people probably would have thought I looked ridiculous.

I had previously tried an SR225 but returned it because I wasn't thrilled with the genre coverage. Oddly enough I didn't like them for rock, which is what they're supposed to be great for. In fact, I only really liked them with 80s synthpop and a cappella choral music (of all things).

You know you're an audiophile when you think Grados are cool-looking (and I still do!).

5. streetdragon
    Quote:
    i think grado looks nice too. well since i listen to mostly 40% edm 40% dn'b and 20% orchestrial music and others i think grado would do ok, (makes me wonder why i bought the HD558 anyway) 
    the problem is that grado leaks way more than the open backed HD558, in fact more sound goes out from the ear cup than into your ear when using grados

6. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

True dat. My DT880 is pretty open but it's nothing on the SR225. Also, the Beyers seem to leak less when they're actually worn as opposed to just sitting there with music playing through them, whereas it didn't matter with the Grados. Worn or not they could be heard in the next room.

You know you're an audiophile when your headphones are open enough to double as speakers.

7. streetdragon
    Quote:
    well since your head covers the main sound exit, most of the sound gets absorbed by you, it is only about 40% as loud when i wear them on than when holding my pair out by the headband.

grado however:

outside and to other people's ear<---porus wiremesh<---empty space<----driver--->paper mesh--->foam pads--->your ear

imagine if grado claimed they have great isolation and protect you from outside noise[​IMG] (just turn the volume up,isolat yourself, and let the world know what you like to listen to)

8. McPatD
    Good old Grado.  I do adore my SR80's.  NOT the ones with the "i"!

9. streetdragon
    Quote:
    what's the difference between them?

10. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I'm curious about this, too. I know they redesigned the whole Prestige Series to have a different look (with the sort of mushroom-shaped cups instead of the lower-profile ones on the original models) and a beefier cable. I'm not aware of any other changes, though.

11. zeinharis
    Quote:

Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club

12. William007
    Changed the drivers, there was a 'problem' with the driver's mass i think.

13. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

FTFY.  [​IMG]

Sanotter likes this.
  14. streetdragon
    Quote:
    this^
    its normally kids under 15 who buy them, or adolecents who try to look cool

15. VisceriousZERO
    when you host an AA meeting for Audiophiles, but end up relapsing into your Audio Addiction.

\m/

First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last