1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252
254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263
Next

Last
  1. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I'd say this is a pretty accurate breakdown. People who look at sound as a magic black box tend to think that EQ is like if you pulled a snake out of a hat instead of a rabbit. People who think that sound is just one more part of the physical world that can be quantified are less resistant to the idea, though I've seen my share of the "charts and graphs" crowd getting hung up on miniscule artifacts that show up in the readouts.

There's a lot of argument about how EQ should be used, and of course the whole philosophical argument about the cleanest signal path being the best. There's also a "scientific" way of using EQ and a more subjective way. I fall in the former camp in my use. I've evangelized for precision EQ outside the dedicated thread in my signature a few times, but for the most part it doesn't bother me what people think or do with their own equipment. As long as we're all enjoying the music.

You know you're an audiophile when you start critically evaluating the sound quality of the music that plays in your own head. "Bass is a little light, but presentation is where it really suffers. It's entirely within the head without a semblance of a sound stage...."

2. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

Nothing wrong with careful, judicious use of EQ.

3. VisceriousZERO
    When you fight for or against EQ.

4. streetdragon
    i preach the tuning (subjective tuning) of an eq to unleash the maximum potential of your headphones for the best listening experience.
    that's my take on the subject[​IMG]

5. Davedog
    when music replaces sleep.

6. beaver316
    You know you're an audiophile when you photoshop a pair of LCD3s on Bender, then set it as your avatar.

7. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:
    Love it.

When you love a photoshopped pair of LCD3s on Bender set as an avatar of someone you barely know.

No offense.

8. zeinharis
    Quote:

What about this??

LCD2abrams.jpg

LCD2 [​IMG]

Courtesy TigzStudio

9. beaver316
    That will do too [​IMG]

10. Davedog
    Quote:
    and then you split your living money into "Headphones" and "Just Surviving" money.

11. stevenswall
    Quote:

When you know how to use an EQ.

12. Roller
    Quote:

+1.

13. LugBug1
    When your house is on fire and you can't decide who to save first... Your wife or your LCD2's... [​IMG]

14. stevenswall
    ^That, that is bad.

15. LugBug1
    Quote:
    [​IMG]

Hey, of course it would be the LCD2's dont worry...  [​IMG]

First

Back
243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252
254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263
Next

Last