1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last
  1. dscythe
    Quote:
    what album/song is it?

2. whatcd
    Quote:
    LOL!

3. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

"Run With Us" from Evergreen Nights by Lisa Lougheed. It was used (though not her versions of some of the songs) for an animated series called The Raccoons back in the 1980s in Canada. I've come across several different collections that claim to be "remastered" but they just use the same old source material.

I never saw the show. I came across the song on YouTube in the introduction sequence one guy used for some of the videos on his channel, and since I heard it over and over because of that, I thought it was pretty catchy and it grew on me.

If anybody'd like to hear it, the music video version is on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFKNRB2z8

You know you're an audiophile when you can tell that a "remastered" track found on the Internet is just the exact same low bitrate file run through a noise reduction plugin.

4. linglingjr

As long as you're going from a flac/cd etc. to create a 320kbps mp3 (A) and a --kbps OGG (B) you shouldn't lose any quality from the conversion. But if you're using a 320kbps as (A) and your source for your OGG.... "You're gonna have a bad time"

Im pretty new to this whole different types of codecs thing so that is probably all common knowledge. :wink:

5. Roller
    Quote:

Rather tricky to find. There were a few very suspicious 320kbps versions around, which I think might be part of "remastered" album versions.

6. Nargoz
    When you can pick out specific sounds of a song and isolate them due to the headphone quality.

When you reject a song solely based on a background sound that you immediately pick up on using your gear, while everyone else is unable to notice it.

When you forget to breathe while walking because you not only listen to it, but you feel the music.

When you can't change the EQ on your source from default (flat) because when you do, the quality becomes distorted.

When you can't increase the volume on your source because the sound quality is degraded after a certain amount.

7. streetdragon
    Quote:

Quote:
    well he WAS running it unamped at first, then after much urging (as if urging him to get the HD800 over a Solo wasn't enough...) he bought an amp (father's money again), i thought that was ok. only later i discovered he bought ANOTHER amp, i asked why(??) he stated that the first amp was a guitar amp. the latter was a beyer A1 amp. both were very expensive amps. it was only later when i met him i personally checked his phone (by that time he has dropped them several times, sent it to repair for a vibrating driver bracket inside the left earcup, got them back, and appears to have dropped them again) to discover his terrible quality music. (only checked 2 songs, 1 was 128 and 1 was 192) now... thank god his dad(furious of him dropping them) is taking care of that german masterpeice, that son doesn't deserve the HD800[​IMG]

8. takato14
    Quote:
    That's just wrong. 

9. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're not an audiophile when you give a pair of HD800s away.

Yes I had a pair, yes I gave them away. But I gave them to a recording group I work with so its not a complete loss :D

You know you're an audiophile when you fall asleep listening to loud metal on your old dre beats but stay awake all night listening to Vivaldi's four seasons on your dad's LCD-3s.

EDIT: thought of a new one:

You know you're an audiophile when your idea of a horror movie is ear-canal eating demonic headphones.

10. Sanotter
    You start typing Schiit instead of ****.

11. DGriff0400
    when disrupting a lissening session is a criminal offense.

12. Arkyle
    Quote:
    Hahaha I had one like that a couple of years ago...I used the muddier less sensitive headphones I could find (not even the apple earbuds) and it was "ok" just for the nostalgia. I finally found a NEW record online, bought it and asked this guy in charge of media related stuff at college to rip it. Now I have both :) (my turntable really really sucks, BTW).

13. takato14
    Quote:
    Can I be your recording group? Lol.

14. takato14
    Quote:
    Oh my God YES

If my parents pull my headphones off my head one more time...

15. VisceriousZERO

Lol...

You know you're an audiophile when you dream of music. And headphones.

First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last