You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3,766 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you ask someone to listen to their headphones (by using the specific name) and they take them off to look at them because they don't even know it fully. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #3,767 of 6,356
Quote:
Oh my God YES

If my parents pull my headphones off my head one more time...

My parents use to come into my room and hit my headphones off my head which not only scared the crap out of me as I always face with my back towards the door, but it would make me so angry, one day I completely lost it on them after watching my headphones plummet towards the ground and spill there guts.  They never knew what my headphones cost, just thought it was wierd that I was always buying new pairs.

You know your an audiophile when you are staring at a stranger trying to figure out what headphones they are wearing and then realize that they are staring at you trying to figure out what the hell you are on.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,768 of 6,356
Quote:
Lol...
You know you're an audiophile when you dream of music. And headphones.

Funny. I did just that the other night. I dreamed I had a pair of AKG K271s. I once had a minor obsession with owning that headphone (no clue why, and I never did get them). In my dream they had more bass than my SRH440. I have no way of knowing if that's true or not, of course. I've heard that both are considered to have tight bass (accurate to slightly light but well controlled is how I read that), and I consider my SRH440 to have just the right level of low end, though extension is just slightly lacking. Maybe I'd like the K271 after all.

You know you're an audiophile when you're in analytical, critical listening mode even when you're dreaming of headphones you've never heard.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #3,769 of 6,356
I don't talk to strangers much,

but when I do I awkwardly ask them about the headphones they're wearing after staring them down for the longest time. 

Also, sometimes I play with the equaliser trying to make up differences between the frequency response graphs of different headphones to see if I think I might like how they sound.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,770 of 6,356
Quote:

Funny. I did just that the other night. I dreamed I had a pair of AKG K271s. I once had a minor obsession with owning that headphone (no clue why, and I never did get them). In my dream they had more bass than my SRH440. I have no way of knowing if that's true or not, of course. I've heard that both are considered to have tight bass (accurate to slightly light but well controlled is how I read that), and I consider my SRH440 to have just the right level of low end, though extension is just slightly lacking. Maybe I'd like the K271 after all.

You know you're an audiophile when you're in analytical, critical listening mode even when you're dreaming of headphones you've never heard.

A similar dream has happened to me, except with the k702's which I am forever obsessing over but can't afford. I remember them having more bass than ive heard at a club and thought to myself in the dream "wow, these are completely different from what ive read on head-fi" was quite entertaining 
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #3,771 of 6,356
Quote:
A similar dream has happened to me, except with the k702's which I am forever obsessing over but can't afford. I remember them having more bass than ive heard at a club and thought to myself in the dream "wow, these are completely different from what ive read on head-fi" was quite entertaining 
tongue.gif

I spy a K272 in your avatar. I've always thought that design (here and on similar-looking AKG cans) was beautiful, though for some reason I initially thought that for the K271 it was blue, based perhaps on a bad picture on Amazon. Either that or because I have a Perception 200 condenser that's robin's egg blue and I just figured that was AKG's thing.

You know you're an audiophile when you can recognize nearly any headphone in a picture (or at least make a stab at who made it if their products all look similar).

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #3,772 of 6,356
Quote:

I spy a K272 in your avatar. I've always thought that design (here and on similar-looking AKG cans) was beautiful, though for some reason I initially thought that for the K271 it was blue, based perhaps on a bad picture on Amazon. Either that or because I have a Perception 200 condenser that's robin's egg blue and I just figured that was AKG's thing.

You know you're an audiophile when you can recognize nearly any headphone in a picture (or at least make a stab at who made it if their products all look similar).

haha you are correct sir. Really liking these headphones even though i sorely overpaid for them up here in canada. They do look excellent, especially against a dark surface 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #3,774 of 6,356
Quote:
Lol...
You know you're an audiophile when you dream of music. And headphones.

I've been dreaming about working in an oil platform and wearing the Pioneer HDJ 500 all day long...I've become obsessed with that pair even when it is the very low end of the HDJ series...I just don't know why. They are all plastic, they don't even fold flat, the sound is ok for their price though...but still...why? haha weird stuff.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #3,776 of 6,356
You know you are an audiophile when you are checking this thread before you can go watch the new Dexter and the new Walking Dead premier :o2smile:

Or your on this site while watching the new Walking Dead

Going to all the libraries in the city to check out CDs and rip them to lossless.

Having "going to bed IEMs" and "walking around the house" IEMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back