You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #3,676 of 6,356
Quote:
When you rationalize owning all of your headphones with "Well, at least it's cheaper than the Beats Detox."...which slowly turns to, "It's cheaper than two pairs of Beats Detox", which turns into, "It's cheaper than those purses people get. All they do is hold objects, right? Right? RIGHT!?"

at some point in time it can turn into "at least it's cheaper than my house".

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #3,677 of 6,356
Oct 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #3,678 of 6,356
When you rationalize owning all of your headphones with "Well, at least it's cheaper than the Beats Detox."...which slowly turns to, "It's cheaper than two pairs of Beats Detox", which turns into, "It's cheaper than those purses people get. All they do is hold objects, right? Right? RIGHT!?"

It's cheaper than the sennheiser orpheus

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3,679 of 6,356
Quote:
That's what amazes me about the popularity of SOME headphones out there (b).
People ACTUALLY GET TO HEAR THEM before shelling out 300+ dollars for them......

Because apple users are usually sheeple, if apple endorses it or if they have a good advertising scheme they just can't help them self's.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #3,682 of 6,356
Quote:
Because apple users are usually sheeple, if apple endorses it or if they have a good advertising scheme they just can't help them self's.

not only that, but a good portion of those people haven't heard better gear, and most of those headphones, while they do suck compared to REAL gear, sound substantially better than ibuds or whatever else they're using.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #3,683 of 6,356
Quote:
not only that, but a good portion of those people haven't heard better gear, and most of those headphones, while they do suck compared to REAL gear, sound substantially better than ibuds or whatever else they're using.

Yup they don't know what sounds good or bad. So if everyone says Oh (b) sounds soo good they're the best then they are going to think okay this is what good headphones sound like.  And they will be happy with them because they don't know any better

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3,684 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

Yup they don't know what sounds good or bad. So if everyone says Oh (b) sounds soo good they're the best then they are going to think okay this is what good headphones sound like.  And they will be happy with them because they don't know any better

Which is when I step in and force them to listen to my headphones, at which point one of the following 3 things happens:

1: Their jaw drops and they then look at their headphones in disgust (iBeats vs. Monoprice 8320)
2: They "Holy crap, those are good... but I like mine better" And I just nod and say "fine by me" (ATH-M50 vs. Studio)
3: They say something stupid like "they don't kick as hard" and I subsequently rip my headphones off their head and walk away (SE-700 vs. Mixr)

Seriously though, the last one pisses me off so badly that I want to smack their faces off their head.

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #3,685 of 6,356
Instant noodle for more than 2 weeks
blink.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3,686 of 6,356
Quote:
Which is when I step in and force them to listen to my headphones, at which point one of the following 3 things happens:

1: Their jaw drops and they then look at their headphones in disgust (iBeats vs. Monoprice 8320)
2: They "Holy crap, those are good... but I like mine better" And I just nod and say "fine by me" (ATH-M50 vs. Studio)
3: They say something stupid like "they don't kick as hard" and I subsequently rip my headphones off their head and walk away (SE-700 vs. Mixr)

Seriously though, the last one pisses me off so badly that I want to smack their faces off their head.

gonna be quite hard to do that if you own a pair of SRH940
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #3,687 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

gonna be quite hard to do that if you own a pair of SRH940
tongue.gif

That'll just make it more fun. The SE-700s clamp like a bitch; I made sure it hurt when I took them off. 

I don't mean to sound so violent, it's just that statement makes me want to shoot babies.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #3,690 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
That'll just make it more fun. The SE-700s clamp like a bitch; I made sure it hurt when I took them off. 

I don't mean to sound so violent, it's just that statement makes me want to shoot babies.

My name is Michael J. Caboose...

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back