1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    Quote:
    still doesn't clamp like mixrs i guess? cant really imagine anything more horrible then the mixrs, the pads are useless on them you only feel the plastic underneeth

2. davidsh
    Anyway, you know your an audiophile when you use 10+ minnutes to get the right fit for your etymotics using the tri-flanges hoping to get a bit better sound...

3. PastaChief
    "For the time being, HDTracks only sells to U.S. Residents"

PACK YOUR BAGS, BOYS, WE'RE MOVING TO AMERICA!

Sanotter likes this.
  4. SkitZ0
    Quote:

Yes, they hold objects some women forget they even own two days later.  At least with your headphones you'll never forget that you actually bought them.  :D See?  It's that easy lol

CashNotCredit likes this.
  5. PierrotLeFou
    Quote:
    True for me..

6. PastaChief
    Quote:

Willing to bet there are people on this forum that can't remember all of the headphones they've owned ^^

CashNotCredit likes this.
  7. streetdragon
    with those who have over 30 headphones having all those super long and number based names im not surprised that they won't remember all of them, especially the ones that they sold off

8. stevenswall
    I've never owned one, but I think when one is technically inclined it's easier to remember model numbers... like the HP TWF11R, or RPHJ900.

Guesses anyone? I'd say you're an audiophile, or at the least obsessed with 'phones if you can guess the headphone from the model number. (Googling now, the second one seems to be missing a letter, but it is unique enough to guess.)

9. Mshenay Contributor
    Quote:
    Thank you I'm with you there... DIE IN A HOLE LAME... [ogg q10 I can live with]
    Quote:
    Plus alot of people like that sound in the same sense that alchoholics can enjoy utterly cheap booze[they just wanna get hammered]... they are bass heads that only care about getting that High... they lack the class of us TRUE bass heads! 
    Quote:
    xD, I liked the "it's cheaper than my house" excuse to lawl

You know your an audiophile wear open headphones for the explict reason of listening to your favorite paino accompiant ALONG with the voice of a lovely women [sitting 3 feet from u] ... OPEN CANS FTW. You don't even care what words are being said just the way they sound <3 <3. Although i wonder... would she count that as listening LAWL 

Although that may be a mixture of Philas <3 

10. takato14
    Quote:
    The SE-700s squeeze your head, hard. The pads are about 1/8" thick. Under the pads is hard, unforgiving plastic. 

The pads are supposed to be thicker but as the headphones aged the foam inside them collapsed.

11. dscythe
    Quote:
    i sense a future DIY project, i was thinking of making new pads for one of my old pairs too

12. takato14
    Quote:
    I would already have pads for mine made, but the headphone sounds its best with the drivers as close to your ears as possible, so I decided against it.

You know you're an audiophile when you'll wear a headphone that's uncomfortable as sin just because it sounds better than your others...

13. davidsh
    Quote:
    Like that post! Got the etymotic hf2, and the last week they were KILLING my sore ears, and know they are just uncomfortable. I don't consider myself audiophile at the moment at least, because they are my first pair of iem's. And they are amazing [​IMG]

I'll better stop while i can xD

14. micrors4
    when you are calculating out how much money you need exactly to get you through the rest of the semester of school so you can buy those new headphones.

15. bob81pizza
    Quote:
    When you are calculating how much money your new set of headphones + amp + dac will cost, and then deciding if you need to drop out of school. Haha

First

Back
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
Next

Last